Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

slippery problem

hi runing a 98 4.0 explorer with a limited slip diff had a problem at its yearly test with lateral movment at the rear wheels. found the problem to be the clutchs where worn out in the diff ,orderd 2 new clutch packs but having a problem getting the right gear oil to go back in the diff the tag...
  2. K

rear axel halfshaft end float

hi problems from over the pond just changed the rear wheel bearings on my 98 x excellent no noise or up and down movement but now i have end float and it wont pass the anual test i can hold the road wheel with the car off the ground and pull the wheel in and out right hand side 64 thou and left...
  3. K

m o t grief 1998 explorer

hi please can any one tell me how to adjust the rear wheel bearings and allso i have to change the bottom front ball joints they look strightforward but is there any hidden problems.
  4. K

Hi, from across the pond

hi pete welcome yeh once you get bit your hooked
  5. K

spare wheel

hi dose anybody know of a swingaway spare wheel mount for a 1998 x as i have a lpg conversion and cannot cary the spare.
  6. K

Just bought a 1997 Explorer

hi kev here running my 1998 x on lpg good results even when pulling my 23foot caravan i get my gas from morrisons 29.9p ltr.
  7. K

no go

yep fired up straight away
  8. K

no go

had a problem with my 1998 x not starting it would turn over but not fire.this was down to a dirty plug connection with the crank timming sensor located at the front of the engine by the sump.
  9. K

spark plugs

hi uk owner had my exploer for nearly a year now and now have to do some maintainence have sean some horror stories on this subject are they that bad to change.allso is there a ford work shop manual that can be purchase.
Back