Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

P0442 Code

Without having to buy a manual can someone help me out here. I need to get this fixed so i can put the car up for sale.
  2. D

P0442 Code

My '99 Mounty with the 5.0L is throwing the P0442 check engine code. I know it isn't bad gasoline or the gas cap. I have refilled plenty of times and replaced the gas cap. I understand it could be a vaccume leak but need some assistance on where to check to see if it is leaking. I have a...
  3. D

1999 Mountaineer subwoofer replacements

I emailed them actually this past weekend and they wanted to know exact specs (ie. actual dimensions of the woofer, the cutout, and impedance of the woofer. a rough estimate of the enclosure). Thats why i'm trying to figure out this info here.
  4. D

1999 Mountaineer subwoofer replacements

Ok the hard part is done i have the rear factory sub removed. I cant for the life of me find the exact specs for a replacement subwoofer. I read it could be 6.5" or 8" or 4ohms or 8ohms. I measured the one that i took out and it looks like the diameter is 8.5". Are speaker sizes measured for...
  5. D

5.0L Motor Oil capacity

Can someone please tell me how many quarts I need when doing an oil change with filter on my 99 mountaineer (5.0L v8). I just got the car and don't have an owners manual. I can't find this information anywhere.
  6. D

8" Subwoofer

I also would be interested in some info for getting the rear side panel off. My rear sub is blow too.
  7. D

Suggested Maintenance on 99 Mountaineer

This past weekend I picked up a replacement for my recently deceased 92 Explorer. I got a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer with ~65k miles (little bit of an upgrade). Anyway its running perfectly as far as i can tell since this weekend but would like to make sure it stays that way. I don't have an...
  8. D

1992 Explorer Electronic AWD Button not working

I have a 92 Ford Explorer and am having problems turning on my all wheel drive system. I have the 2 buttons on the dash one for turning it one and one to turn it on in low range. I have had the 4wd working before so I am assuming that its not something mechanical wrong. It is starting to snow...
Back