Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Trans fluid leaking at radiator. How to repair?

Is this the tool? I did tighten the nut a bit and it slowed down the leak. I'm kinda reluctant to tighten it anymore. Afraid of stripping something!
  2. E

Here it is with the plastic cover removed. So, I assume I put an open end wrench on the rear nut to hold it and then loosen the front nut to remove the line?
  3. E

On my 2007 Explorer where the trans fluid supply line enters the rad. The line slides in and out about 1/4" but the return line on the other side does the same and doesn't leak. All other trans lines I've ever seen have a flared end and tighten to the rad. How do I address this leak? Thanks...
  4. E

Windshield washer not working. Help!

Thanks for the reply. Nothing in the diagram about w/washer fuse. I'll pull and check the couple that are associated with wiper function, just for the heck of it. If nothing, then I'll pull the whole bottle/motor, check connections, clean the lines and test the motor. If it is the motor it...
  5. E

Windshield washer not working. Help!

I wanna check the fuse before pulling the w/washer motor. I've located the fuse panel under the dash but I have no owners or service manual to reference a fusebox diagram. Anyone know which fuse it might be? 2007 Explorer. Thanks in advance!
  6. E

Question on replacement keys.

My new to me Explorer came with only 1 key and I need another one for my wife. It's chipped so the locksmith quoted me $85. Really?...........it's a friggin' key! Is there any way around this? I noticed these on Amazon. They look like blanks. Could I purchase these then have the locksmith...
  7. E

New member in California.

My wife just purchased a 2007 Explorer and she's happy with it. That's all that matters! Wouldn't have been my first choice but I'll roll with it. $6600 w/127K. It's in pretty good condition. Has a few minor issues. Some of the interior lights don't work, broken center armrest console and...
Back