Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Looking for suggestions on what shock absorbers to use on my 96 xl

Hey guys! what shock absorbers would you recommend to put onto my 96 xl I need to get all 4 done. Looking to do this cheap as possible but with still getting the best shocks for my money. Also I'm looking to do a body lift, any suggestions on parts and what the easiest and cheapest way to go is...
  2. A

Explorer 4.0L & 5.0L Parts Question

The 5.0L needs a complete engine tune up and the tranny is **** so I will have to replace that too much time and money
  3. A

96 Explorer radio question

You have to be very careful when installing your stereo I've damaged the wiring for my dash and head lights aswell on and old explorer I had. They are all sorts of hidden wires. Next time look up a diagram and do it your self if you can and take your time it's the best way to go
  4. A

Yea I thought of that but I will probably adjust it to what feels right in the parts truck then throw it in rather have leather then the ugly cloth even if I can't adjust them if I'm feeling adventurous I will rig up something that moves it
  5. A

Great thanks for your help mine doesn't have power seats so I'll just probably cut the wires or tuck them in on the leather ones
  6. A

How about the interior? My truck has cloth seats the explorer 5.0L for parts has leather and I would like to swap them
  7. A

I'm curious if I bought a 2000 explorer 5.0L if the body parts and leather seats would be swappable on my 96 explorer 4.0L xl. Please let me know thanks. Azy
Back