Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

explorer is making a banging noise in front end

That was one of the first things I checked. I first thought it was the stabilizer bar end links that connect the end of the stabilizer to the frame. The rubber gromets on the top and bottom. But they were in oog shap,nice and tight. johnv45
  2. J

Ball joints Hi: Just got home from work and rolled Eddie out in the drive way and jacked up the front end. Used a crowbar bar under the front tire and had my wife :fire: check for movement when I moved the tire up and down!!!!!!!!!!!! I had about 1/2 inch of movement in each balljoint. HOLLY...
  3. J

front end nosie My seems to only make noise when I hid a hole or a man hole cover in the road. It bangs or rattles three or four times until the road is smooth again. When I was checking underneath the caliper did have a little play in it , but not a lot that it would bang or rattle. johnv45...
  4. J

Balljoints wont come out! need to get to work.

ball joints What made you find that you had bad ball joints. I have a 97, but it drives fine except for a banging noise when I hit a bump in the road. johnv45
  5. J

My Explorer seems to drive ok, but the noise in the front end is getting worst, so I parked it for now. I checked everything under the front end that could. Everthing seems to be tight. But could the ball joints be bad and making all the noise when I go over a bump or man hole cover in the...
Back