Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Truck won't start after cleaning battery terminals

I'd say you need to check the alternator again, it's not charging it when the car is on. Either that or you have something grounding out, you need to check your current draw with the car off, somethings killing your battery, good luck!
  2. X

Burning Water, Thick white smoke

my fan clutch is always on so my fan is always spinning, just takes awhile to warm up is all
  3. X

Engine is back together brand new heads, gaskets, it runs beautifully. A few problems putting it together but all those are fixed. Runs better than since i got it actually. Kinda of makes me wonder ;) ANyway thanks for all who helped. By the way, I have this Vacuum Sound in the cab, Like I...
  4. X

No Heat but Engine Overheats

wow, That's EXACTLY what happened to me, Except I haven't replaced my heater core yet, ANyways My head gaskets were blown and I have cracked heads, in between the two valves in the combusion chamber in 4 out of the 6 cylinders. IN fact one of my plugs was melted and another appears to have been...
  5. X

Smokin' like banshee!

Awesome, did you get fast delivery as well? Im waiting on mine, mine have everything though. They're ready to be installed when I get 'em, and for 50 bucks shipping??? Not bad at all! Im excited, i wanna get this exploder back on the road so the transmission can go out! hah, Anyway it's good...
  6. X

1998 explorer 4.0 A/T broke down out of town

If its rolling freely in park, and it was wirring and rpms where shooting up but it wasn't going anywhere i'd say it's the transmission, you should tow it to a shop and have it inspected.
  7. X

Smokin' like banshee!

That's great to hear because I just bought heads from the same guy. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7940768020&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT did yours fit and work perfectly with no problems?
  8. X

I've tried to turn it by hand when cold in the morning and after it's been ran, I can't move it either time. it slides a bit on the clutch because of the missing bolts but i can't turn it at all. Im going to the junkyard today to pick up a few things and will be getting the fan bolts as well...
  9. X

thanks for the info, bought those heads and waiting for them to be shipped now, then i gotta buy all the crap gaskets and that should take care of it. by the way, another question regarding my EX, am I supposed to be able to turn the fan by hand? Because with the belt on the fan doesn't move 4...
  10. X

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7940768020 these are what i've bid on, complete new heads with remanned parts ready to install, not bad price plus only 50 bucks shipped
  11. X

new heads from ebay 220 dollars, engine, 1200 hrmm go figure. Anyways, I take the heads off, and one of my spark plugs is melted on the front pass cylinder, front driver cylinder the center electrode is hanging. very very very small "crack" in between the valves in the combustion chamber of...
  12. X

well if they heads aren't cracked I'm not going to spend the money to get new ones, but, the heads will come off today, i just have to go buy the torx bits that size, and a stronger 10mm to take off the exhaust bolts
  13. X

Overheated the other day on my wife, enough so that it came to a stop and shut itself off, but it was doing this before then, but i don't drive it much so i never knew what it was doing, i have all but the heads taken off, and there's no water in my oil which is good, i just drained it and...
  14. X

OOOKAY so here goes, my explorer started burning water, I didn't realize this until yesterday when i put water in it to get it home and it started to smoke and then stopped when i was following the wife. So I take off the valve covers and the intake, yellow sludge in the valve covers and yellow...
Back