Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Intermittent Extremely Loud Noise(Driver Side Front Tire)

That’s it. That boot is shredded and there is grease everywhere! Thank you sir.
  2. I

Intermittent Extremely Loud Noise(Driver Side Front Tire)

I cant even begin to know where to start with this one. You know that sound a bicycle wheel makes when you put a playing card in the spokes? Ok, imagine that noise but much much much louder and steel on steel! The noise sounds like it’s coming from the driver side front tire/suspension area...
  3. I

NEW A/C, COMPRESSOR WONT ENGAGE!

Thanks gentlemen! I replaced every fuse in that vehicle and still nothin. I’m not handy with electrical, probably could be but I never gave it the time, but the command for the relay is a great suggestion. I’ll have to start chasing that down so I guess it’s about time I get a manual for the...
  4. I

I changed all the fuses related to the system I could find. None of them were bad but I replaced anyway. It is automatic and I was hoping to God I wouldn’t have to take it that far. What does a replacement cost and how difficult on a scale of 1-10 is it to remove/replace? The weird thing is...
  5. I

I force charged it and got it to approximately 30oz or 1lb 14oz and nothing. The gauges once charged read 32 low side 80 high side. Since I already put on a new low cycle switch, while I was out getting a new clutch connector pigtail I got a new WOT relay and high pressure switch. Wired up the...
  6. I

While I’m at the parts house I’ll just buy a new diode and another freakin low pressure switch. Just in case.
  7. I

So what you’re saying is, despite the fact that I jumped it from the wide open throttle relay and the clutch engaged, my problem could still be with the compressor control wires? The same wire cluster that plug into the top of the compressor? Ok I’ll replace and go from there!
  8. I

That could be the ticket! The harness clip thing was pretty dirty from a previous power steering fluid leak that spewed fluid everywhere. I cleaned it all up with contact cleaner but, if it was the wires, wouldn’t that have stopped the clutch from engaging when I jumped it from the relay?
  9. I

Well, I put a new one on. I did jump from the relay and the clutch engaged but the relay is brand new too.
  10. I

One 12oz can. They system only took about 9oz and low side was reading 85.
  11. I

Hi all! I spent all day today putting on a new compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, low side pressure switch, and relay. Of course, I flushed the hell out of the system with a half gallon of solvent through a flush gun, then shop air, then flush gun. Installed the new parts, pulled a vacuum...
  12. I

Inline Filter Placement/HVAC??

I’m about to install a new compressor, accumulator, condenser, tube and definitely want to install an in-line filter so I don’t just throw $500 and 8 hours in the garbage. Where do I install the filter? If I’m standing in front of the vehicle looking at the system it goes from right to left...
  13. I

New Accumulator??? '97 Exploder

Gentlemen, Let me preface all this by saying that I'm not a mechanic or tech so bear with me, please. About 10 or so days ago my air stopped blowing cold. It took a few days to go from cold to warm but nonetheless, it eventually happened. Naturally, being cheap and always inclined to do my...
  14. I

Bad A/C Compressor?

I apologize. To clarify, is there anything that is normally replaced when doing an accumulator job? Just the normal little things? Thanks again gentlemen.
  15. I

Bad A/C Compressor?

I appreciate all the help but I'm done trying to track down this issue. This weekend I'll put in a new accumulator for $30. That should take care of the busted low side service port and the check valve that seems to be shot since the low side service port cap keeps blowing off. While I'm doing...
  16. I

Bad A/C Compressor?

Also, something I'm thinking of this morning that I failed to mention last night, when I initially took the low side cap off to fill the system, after only two or three full turns of the cap, it blew off with a lot of force. It didn't just kind of pop off, it shot off of there like a rocket...
  17. I

Bad A/C Compressor?

Alright so I jumped the compressor and the clutch engaged. She was low on refrigerant so I dumped a 22oz can of R-134a in. Ran up to the parts store and got a new WOT a/c relay just for yuks. Got home, put her in, cranked the a/c and nothin. I got nothin. My system does have an automatic button...
  18. I

Bad A/C Compressor?

Compressor is good...I think. It turns freely by hand. I haven't put a multimeter to it yet to see if it's getting power but, if it is, I read on another post about bypassing the pressure safety switches by jumping the clutch manually. How do I do that?
  19. I

Bad A/C Compressor?

Gentlemen, new to this forum and I have a question regarding my a/c. So yesterday, after years of solid performance, the air conditioner started blowing warm. I didn't think anything of it so I went and bought some R134 this morning thinking I was just gonna do a quick refill and that'd be that...
Back