Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Rancho RS9000x shocks

I have them and they do a good job, plus they are adjustable. I would recommend them.
  2. H

Shocks after TT

I think OME is the only company that has 1" lift shocks for the front
  3. H

Rancho Shocks

I used the 5000's and they work great on my 95 4door. With the sway bars disconected the give me big time flex front and back. Not as much in front though.
  4. H

Return from Badlands Attica, IN 2006 Photos

I had a great time on the run. Everyone there were really nice and helpful. But, I now have tire and axle envy. My new 33s looked small compared to all the 35s. Plus, the ttbs and soilid axles made my ifs look silly. When I got home I shaved off my front bump stups some and gained 2" of up...
  5. H

Attica Potluck Sign-up

I won't have a grill with me but I can bring some chicken breasts
  6. H

Electric fan Vs Stock Fan

I electric fan is very useful if you have a snorkel. If you have a switch you can turn if off when entering a waterhole. If you don't the fan blades can be thrown into the radiator. I wish I had a winch, go for at least a 8000 lb.
  7. H

BL install front mount woes : my X has cancer !!! (pics)

This also happened to me so I used a pipe wrench on the metal part of the body mount. It worked until I put to much torque on the bolt and it broke. I got a knew one from ford foe $30. Hope this helps.
  8. H

body lift question

Explorern00b you need PA 853. It is for the 95-97 rangers. I has the correst steering shaft for 95-96 explorers.
  9. H

body lift question

I got it off. A hammer and a flat head worked.
  10. H

body lift question

I am doing a body lift on a 95. I can not get the steering shaft off to put the extention in. Any ideas will help
  11. H

major 4wd problems

Look in the cars manual. It will have a picture of all the fuses in your distribution box in the engine bay. I would staart there.
  12. H

Heater will not turn off!!!! Ever!!!!

Djlimited, I figured a cheap fix for the blower relay. I cut the pink and black wire going to the blower and put a SPST switch in that I mounted in the cab. I know its not the best fix, but it only cost $4 and a little time! Thought this may be helpful if you are on a budget like me.
  13. H

tHANKS FOR THE INFO DJLIMITED. I had checked all the relays in the engine compartment with no luck. This makes sense. I guess I will have to bite the bullet on this one.
  14. H

I check my owners guide for the 95 and there is no blower relay in the distribution box, only a fuse.My haynes manual said the relay would be in the fuse box by the right front headlamp. I am going to pull all of the relays in this box and see what I find. Thanks for the help.
  15. H

I am having the same problem with my 95 eddie bauer. I thought a relay was out. I went to find it in the relay box by the passenger side headlamp. I looked in the box and the blower relay slot was empty. I figured this had to be because of the digital climate controls. I pulled the control...
  16. H

How to: 4x4 high in a 95-96 4x4 Explorer

The wire is brown on my 95. The splice cover is black and very large. It took me a while to find the brown wire that ran out the end of the black splice cover.
  17. H

Full-time 4x4 in '96?

It works, I checked mine today. I also checked the 4 low and with this modification I have a possible 2low. When my switch is in the off position and in 4low only the back turned. I can't wait to go wheeling!
  18. H

Full-time 4x4 in '96?

I havenn't had a chance to put it on jack stands yet. I was wondering if the auto would spin because the back was slipping also. The auto will usually clunk when it engages so I hope I will be able to tell, but I am not sure. I got busy and didn't have time to do it. Gijoecam I used a three...
  19. H

Full-time 4x4 in '96?

On monday I made the t case wiring modification. I bought a spdt switch from radio shack for three bucks. It took me about four hours to do. The reason it took so long was because I was unable to remove the cover over the splice. On my 95 there was a black cover then some sort of clear...
  20. H

Full-time 4x4 in '96?

I forgot I will be using a SPDT switch for the job.
  21. H

Full-time 4x4 in '96?

I have been looking for a fix to the 4 auto for my 95. I have decieded to try the procedure. I am wondering when hooked up what position on the switch would be on and which spot would be off? I am also wondering if you connect the positive from the lighter port to the switch, do you need to...
  22. H

4x4 will not work

I finally took the truck to the shop. It seems that the transfer case is shot. thanks for the help everyone. Anyone know where to get a cheap t- case.
  23. H

4x4 will not work

I checked the the vacuum hoses to the vacuum axle lock, which is a foot toward the passenger wheel from the differential. I pulled it out of the axle and engaged the 4X4. The axle lock moved when the 4X4 was turned on. So, I reconnected It, it showed no problem. Is there a vacuum line that...
  24. H

4x4 will not work

I took the axle lock apart and it was not the problem. the hose a found was a release valve for the the axle lock. I have no idea where to go from here.
  25. H

4x4 will not work

The vacuum line was not connected. This is probably the problem. I was un able to find the hole for the vacuum hose on the engine
Back