Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rubber Bumper Stop Near Control Arm. Anyone Know?

This is the route I'm going. Thank you, Flash!
  2. S

Thank you, swshawaii! This is the info I needed (& now I know - "bump stops"). In case anyone else finds this thread: Part # F5TZ 3020 A Bolt # N611195 S56 Thanks again! *ss*
  3. S

While looking to change a worn control arm link, I saw that one of these rubber bumpers was destroyed. I went to the dealer with these attached pics but they had no idea what it was (didn't appear in their schematics). Can anyone here identify it (& part number if you know it would be...
  4. S

600 Plus Ford Alarm Chirp Question

Thanks guys! I was hoping to keep my setup as is minus the arming sound, but I guess it might not be as easy as I'd hoped. I'm on valet mode now, which allows me to use the key or remote to open the door, but the alarm isn't armed in this mode. Thx again for your posts/replies!
  5. S

I have the OEM 600 Plus unit from Ford. I'd love to figure out how to remove the chirp the way yours is.
  6. S

Gang, So after searching for a solution to removing the alarms "chirp" (it sounds each time I arm or disarm), I found this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299686 There's no solution though and I'm going through what the OP went through (I can place the system...
  7. S

Tranny Slipping O/D Blinking - No Codes Though

**UPDATE** Dealer was finally able to pull codes for this issue & codes were: 731 & 732 Was told that I needed to replace the Plate & EPC. After changing these though, I still had the same exact problem... Tranny expert in my area now tells me that I'm going to have to rebuild it & that...
  8. S

Tranny Slipping O/D Blinking - No Codes Though

Tranny Slipping O/D Blinking - No Codes Though - **UPDATE** 2000 4 Dr XLS Tranny is slipping (from standing still, I excelerate, but truck doesn't move forward. Only inches along till at a speed where either 2nd or 3rd kicks in. It will correct itself temporarily if I shut engine off &...
  9. S

Rear Controls. Please Read.

Hello, I have a 2000 XLS with an OEM AM/FM/CD radio & just bought a deluxe long center console with the rear audio & A/C controls. I've searched this forum for days & even went as far back to posts from '99... but haven't found any diagrams or info on how to connect the rear audio controls...
  10. S

Rim & Tire Questions

Awesome XChic! Thanks for the info. I'm prob going to use that same size setup as well. Thanks, «SS»
  11. S

`96 - billet grill with minimal bars?

Are there any grilles that sit BEHIND the stock grille? (behind the blue oval, replacing the black plastic mesh). I like the grille look... but not as prominent as these shown here. Thanks, «SS»
  12. S

Bumper Swaping?

Ok, So if the 2nd Generations include 2000's & 2001's... Will I be able to put this front bumper: Onto this front end? Is it an easy swapping? Thanks, «SS»
  13. S

Rim & Tire Questions

Could anyone tell me if the rim I wrote about above **2 - 18x10.5 (+27mm, 6.9 backspace)** will stick out farther than the fender? Don, About the pics, make sure that you have it hosted on the internet 1st. After you have that, when you go to post a message, just click on the image button...
  14. S

Rim & Tire Questions

Thanks again for the great info Don. & here's what I'm toying with: Thanks for lookin, «SS»
  15. S

Rim & Tire Questions

Thanks for the help Don, I hadn't even considered the weight of each rim. (will ask to find out). What about the 10.5" width in the rear? Is it possible that those will be able to fit without sticking out past the fender flares? What offset will a 10.5 or a 9" wide rim need to stay flush...
  16. S

Rim & Tire Questions

Hello all, Newbie here wanting to know about tires & rims. I have a 2000 XLS Explorer & I found some rims on ebay: Their specs are: 2 -18x9 (+26mm, 6.11" backspace) front, and 2 - 18x10.5 (+27mm, 6.9 backspace) rear. They are 5-lug (5 on 4.5). My questions are, Will the 10.5 rears fit...
Back