Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

'93 with Full width D60/D70

The only difference on the High pinion would be driveshaft clearence, I think it would be more likely to hit the exhaust Y pipe if it was HP. The gusset on the housing will hit the bottom of engine crossmember now, but it needs to be stuffed pretty far. The offset of the pumpkin chnaged over...
  2. S

I will need new carriers. I want detroit in the back and an OX up front. Saving phase of that project is in progress now. You are right, I need action shots! Next trip I will take my wife and see if she will get out and take pics of it in motion.
  3. S

Here is the front. The coil bow is better after I flattened out the bottom spring mounts. The rear is similar, only a D70 not 60, and it has no steering knuckles, and leafs instead of coils and.... This thing drives great. I am real happy. Off road it has done well so far. It is 4.10...
  4. S

Seat swap?

The passenger side will be easy. For the driver side I will need to find an EB harness to replace the limited harness, then all should be well.
  5. S

Seat swap?

No wiring at all.
  6. S

BII gas tank?

I would need 5 gas cans to carry at least 23 gallons. Lots of the trails I run are a quite remote. I carry a lot of stuff, so making use of all that space under the EX would be nice. I can cut the crossmembers, no problem there. Any ideas on a switching valve? Maybe get one off a dual tank...
  7. S

BII gas tank?

Does anyone have any infor about the BII gas tank and adding one? I don't carry a spare under the back, and I could use more fuel for long trips. Seems it should be easy to add a second tank. Anyone?
  8. S

Seat swap?

I will take a closer look, My ex has no carpet right now, and only one seat. I am in the middle of bedlining the interior. This things sees too much mud to keep the carpet... And i think the leather seats will clean easier than cloth. Hows that for logic?
  9. S

Seat swap?

These have an 11 pin connector! What 2 need connected?
  10. S

Seat swap?

I have access to a '93 Limited being parted out. I would like to put the seats in mine, but they are power and seem to be integrated into the wiring harness. Has anyone here done this and have any info to share?
  11. S

I decided to swap axles before I spent any money upgrading the D44. I also got a good price on the axles I bought. I see people brake shafts alot, and I like to get out a bit from the road. Overkill is a good thing when you are a long days drive from the road.. Plus, when I wear out the 36's...
  12. S

Yep, just grinded the wedges until they fit teh D60. This D60 has 30 spline outers adn 35 spline inners. The only undesireable trait is that it is low pinion, but it is still plenty strong... The 44 and 9" went to a new home under an Early bronco.
  13. S

So I had a EB D44/9" combo and some 33" Super Swamper LTB's, but then my friend had these axles for sale. Now I have a D60 and a D70. The 60 is low pinion, but is king pin. Gears ar 4.10's for now, 5.13's are in the future. Rear D70 has Discs added. Tires are 36x13.5x16 Iroks Front...
  14. S

F150 buckets w/ EB axle?

I didn't realize that bump was shaped like that behind the stock bucket. I had to cut a good wedge out of there. I think it will be worth it to have the spring sit nicely in the bucket.
  15. S

F150 buckets w/ EB axle?

I am doing an EB D44 SAS on my '93 Ex. If I want to use F150 axles, will I need to modify them other than shortening them? I guess I am curious about the drivers side bucket and that bulge for teh steering.
  16. S

Removing ABS (SAS)

Is the front rear bias ok? if so that does sound like How i would want to do it. You left the rear as it was stock? Thanks.
  17. S

Removing ABS (SAS)

I am swapping in an EB D44. I want to use the EB style routing. A single line to a T on the axle. At the same time I want to remove the uneeded ABS hardware. I might be able to just plug up one front outlet, but I think it would be cleaner to remove it all together. Any suggestion on how...
  18. S

Modifying Ford Explorer Leaf Springs for Lift using F-150 Leaf Springs

I did this with Bronco springs. They are 3" but they fit. I have a 2.5" Duff lift and it is close to level. A tad lower in the rear I think.
  19. S

Duff long arm question

I am installing a used Duff lift with long radius arms. I do not have the instructions, which isn't a big deal for most things. The one problem I have is the radius arm brackets. I thought they were located by using some of the existing holes in the frame for the tranny crossmember. I...
  20. S

Duff install with extended radius arms

I am installing a Duff lift on my '93. This kit came off another vehicle adn is teh type with the bushing radius arms, not the rod end type. The radius bracket for the passenger side looks like it will interfere with the tranny crossmember. Anyone installed this same kit on an Explorer...
Back