Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

'98 5.0 V8 Alternator Replacement Gone Bad

Definetly, thanks for the advice
  2. N

Thanks for the advice! My experience with a screwdriver and the serpentine were not as good aha. I might look into buying a larger belt if you say that the sound goes away when the car heats up, and doesnt damage the system.
  3. N

Yeah, I actually moved the slack in the serpentine belt around and tried to put it on the idler last. It was absolutely easier to try to put on, but I ended up using a screwdriver to try and slip it on and thats where the two holes came from...
  4. N

Hello! So, I was on the way to the gym and I noticed a little red battery icon glowing under my RPM reader. Knowing this meant my battery was dying, I sped up to above 2000 RPM and the icon went away. I got to a place where I couldn't go that fast and my battery started dying again. I knew...
  5. N

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

I know! I just put fuel injector cleaner in and after a bit it was running better. Next I have to get a new air filter. Hopefully we can make it!
  6. N

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

I have a 98 5.0 V8 with little under 200,000. Had a new radiator put in, but the transmission and engine are the original. My goal is 250,000 but if I can 300,000 would be great.
  7. N

Ford Newbie

Thanks everyone! And my explorer has a 5.0 V8 Josh. I just finished changing the oil and it's running great!
  8. N

Ford Newbie

Hello Everyone! My name is Nick and I'm a rookie Enthusiast. I lurk on the forums here and decided to make an account to ask questions because of how helpful everyone is. I drive a 98 Explorer Eddie Bauer for the last two years and have always maintained it fluid wise, but I'm looking to learn...
Back