Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

SOHC belt tensioner fell off?

replaced the bearing last Feb. I agree with the design of the new one from autozone, plastic and I'm not sure it was even the same design.
  2. K

It was just a small timkin bearing seems like the number was 3106 or something really close to that
  3. K

4 wheel trouble, pulling from side to side

stlc, there are some very helpful threads on here, if u have the auto hubs just do a search on it and there are some cheap ways to try to fix them including cleaning out the hubs with ATF.
  4. K

ohh yea the u joint in question was completely bound solid going in one direction, wonder it didn't end up wrecking me
  5. K

yep, thats what it was a bad u joint on the passenger side. thanks stlc done them over the weekend, wouldn't be a big job at all if there were some way to remove spindle without a BFH and a block of wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the help found this forum very helpfull throughout this...
  6. K

c clip on front axle?

I was putting axle u-joints on my 94 limited 4 wheel yesterday and there isn't a c clip in the end of the axle? should there be? The auto hubs have been replaced with super winch hubs and i have the original hubs, and the c clips are in the extra parts box, should i install them on hte axle end?
  7. K

this was actually on snow covered pavement, it was too slick to make it up my drive in 2 wheel, so i engaged the hubs and the 4 wheel button on the dash and it was in 4 wheel drive, however it was pullong violently from left to right and vice versa
  8. K

I know the problem is already fixed just thought i would add this. I had the idler pully squilling on my 94 6 cyl pushrod engine and went to get a new one, out of stock, and an old mechanic standing beside me said to go to NAPA and replace the bearing in it and reinstall it. losg story short 5...
  9. K

maf question

'm not sure but a tech once told me the screen was necessary for slowind the air down and mixing the airflow.
  10. K

Fuel pump bad?

i put one on my 94 and it's not so bad, 1 thing to be careful of though when putting the assebly back in the tank make sure the flat washer does not pinch up or it will leak gas when the tank is full. good kuck and remember no open flames with that tank open and careful with that drop light also.
  11. K

I have a 94 limited 4x4. i replaced the outo hubs about 6 months ago. i installled super winch manuals in it. the problem now is when i put it in 4 wheel high it jerk violently from left to right and vise versa. iI have searched the post and can't seem to find anything on this. Just somewhere to...
Back