Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Water Leak

Hello peterk9 and all, Yes, verified it is just plain / clean / rainwater. Had it all cleaned up, and mostly dry, it rained today, sitting outside on level ground. Water in the front on driver floor again, and also in the backseat floor behind the driver seat. Understandable as there is a...
  2. B

Water Leak

Thanks for the suggestion Peter, I'll check - also will check passenger footwell. What's odd that didn't occur to me is that it's under the Husky Floor liner where it is wet. It does live outside 24x7, no room in the garage.
  3. B

Water Leak

Hey All, 2016 Limited. No sunroof or moonroof. Found the drivers side footwell soaking wet today, we've had some rains in the past couple weeks, but didn't notice before this. Any ideas where the water is coming from for the driver footwell? THis is a long long thread, I didn't read through...
  4. B

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Dealership called back, the hood is on order and will be painted upon arrival. Time will be set to install. Covered under the warranty as suggested. Thanks!
  5. B

Thanks peterk9, I did try again at the same dealership late this afternoon. This time, a different service writer took pics of the hood and wrote up a service order to pass up the line for Ford to make a decision on what to do. He said in his experience, they usually replace the entire hood...
  6. B

Yes, I understand what you're saying. It is sneaky wording for sure. It made for some lively discussions at the office today. Seems to have been written by the lawyers! I did go back to the same dealer this afternoon, they are open quite late. I tried again with a different service writer...
  7. B

Hi again ljordan - there's another thread - Hood Paint bubble issue only, where moderator peterk9 moved another of my postings to - asking what next steps are after being turned away by the service writer this morning, as he stated - it's out of the 3/36 warranty. Peter points out the same...
  8. B

HI ljordan - I think there are a LOT of us in the same situation that you're in. I stopped by the dealership this morning for the issue on my 2016 Limited. Service writer claimed my warranty for this ended after the 36k mile period - I've got 53k on mine. Going to try another dealer this...
  9. B

Hi all, 2016 Explorer Limited, Absolute Black. 53k+ on the odometer, noticed the front lip of the hood is blistering / bubbling from underneath. Contacted Ford through online chat and was advised to take it to the dealer for a look. Called dealer and was told, no appointment needed, drop in...
  10. B

2016 Explorer battery light on / not charging? / alternator bad already?

Hey all, thanks for the encouragement. I bit the bullet and replaced the alternator today. It's not a simple job with the lack of clearance for tools, but with patience and persistence it isn't as horrible as I had imagined. Immediately after getting it back together, voltage at the battery...
  11. B

Alternator replacement / removal

Thanks for the replies! Job is done. Sad that I had to replace the alternator on a '16 with 36,200 miles on it (yes, less than a tank of gas out of warranty). They sure did not skimp on the number of fasteners in that fender splash shield. 3 - 8mm bolts under the front, 7 - smaller hex...
  12. B

Well, I have semi-ignored this problem for the better part of a week, so here's an update. I purchased a brand new 1000 CA/ 850 CCA Interstate battery from Costco. I left the entire system unhooked with no battery overnight. Ten hours or so later, I installed the new battery and let the...
  13. B

Alternator replacement / removal

Bumping an old thread - Mods - if that is bad etiquette, please advise. I have 2016 and appear to have a bad alternator as well. It's in a terrible location. Anyone replaced theirs yet? On the 3.5 V6, it's in the front, above the AC compressor, and there's definitely too much in the way...
  14. B

Charged up the battery last night, and again this morning until noon. Hooked it all back up and drove to local auto parts store 1 and 2. Both tested battery and said it was good, but that the alternator isn't charging. Any chance Ford Customer Care would help? Even with the around town...
  15. B

Sending you a PM with vin, provided I can figure out how. :) Thanks!
  16. B

Thanks, I disconnected it and hooked it to the charger tonight, going to get it charged up while unhooked to give it a chance to rule itself out (or hopefully in).
  17. B

I purchased the Explorer at a GM dealer. Doubt it was a Ford ESP plan. That was one of the contributing factors. I assumed I would not want the Explorer serviced at a GM dealer.
  18. B

Hey, thanks for the reply. The battery was tested and diagnosed as fine. It does need a charge, since the vehicle is not providing enough juice to keep it topped up. I'm less than a tank of gas out of warranty. Horrible luck.
  19. B

Hi all, new to the forums and semi-new to Ford. Traded in our previous family vehicle on a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD. It was a former Enterprise Rental (wasn't thrilled about that, but the offer was too good to pass up). As we approached 36k miles, I desperately wanted to have the...
Back