Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

What goes here? Center console.

I actually know what those gaps are for under the lid. My old '97 Limited had a phone that was built into the center console. It would fold into the empty space next to the CD changer. When you wanted to use it (I never did), you would flip it out on the metal frame the phone was mounted on and...
  2. T

Good to be back

Happy to pick up an '02 XLT today after being without an Explorer for the last six years. My '96 Limited was totaled back in 2007 when a "disoriented" driver jumped the curb, hit the building I worked in, did a 180, and took the front end off my opal white beauty. Driving today was like being...
  3. T

Camshaft Position Sensor

I came across mine when I was replacing my ignition coil. It's right beneath, dead center. If you remove your coils, you should see it below. Mine had 2 little bolts. I had already bought the replacement, not knowing where it would go, but when I came across it, I knew what it was because I had...
  4. T

gas prices

87 ranged from $2.85 to $3.50 around town here today. This weekend should be fun. Speaking of heating your home, suppose acetone would work in my oil tank? Maybe a Tornado in the hot water heater? Would appreciate any ideas.
  5. T

Slravene's 95xlt *56K BEWARE*

yeah it is nice and I like your pics. Funny about that last one, my 3 year old was looking with me and said, "oooh cool, a little truck!"
  6. T

no spark, ...bad coil???

In conclusion... it passed the emissions test! Not only will I start saving on the amount of gas I spend but, by getting the inspection sticker in time, I was able to avoid a $120 ticket (dismissed Mon night) and by doing the work myself saved a lot more. The parts I bought totalled $95 (coil...
  7. T

no spark, ...bad coil???

Quick update... CEL came back, checked w/ Autozone, only had one code (down from 14)...P1400. Knew what to ask for from reading so many posts here. Asked for the DPFE (or EGR pressure sensor, as they call it at AZ). Swapped it out, no more code for the 1st time in three years. Took about 2 dozem...
  8. T

no spark, ...bad coil???

It is bad, but I had accepted it. I do a lot of deliveries in a town with a stop sign on every corner.
  9. T

no spark, ...bad coil???

and the hush was deafening... just as a follow up, I decided to get the ignition coil just before Autozone closed. I installed (the last one they had) and I got a spark!!! Also, replaced the gasket on my gas cap, cleaned the MAF, got a better seal on the evaporative emission return tube, and...
  10. T

no spark, ...bad coil???

Hey there, been using this site for a while now with great success (this place is awesome, especially for someone like me with limited car knowledge), but this is my first post. I have to be inspected on Mon morning (it's Sat afternoon now) and will fail with my CEL. Went to a few mechs who gave...
Back