Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

How many miles does your 5th gen Explorer have?

2017 Explorer Sport Purchased 06/2016 Current Mileage 82K
  2. N

How many miles does your 5th gen Explorer have?

2017 Sport purchased new June 2017 74k
  3. N

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Mid June I took my 2017 Explorer Sport to the dealer to discuss the paint bubbling issue. They immediately had me take the car next door to the body shop. Body shop guy came out, looked at the car for 2 minutes, and said we'll take care of it. Hood was repainted not replaced. I did not read...
  4. N

How to: PTU Oil Change (Tons of Pics) 2016 Explorer Sport

My dealer said the same thing about my 2017 Sport as well.
  5. N

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Have a CO detector in the bin below the radio. Been in there almost 2 months and no alerts.
  6. N

Center row overhead vent won't stay open

Thanks Peter. It's just when on high.
  7. N

Center row overhead vent won't stay open

Anyone else having an issue with the overhead vent flopping shut when the air is on. I'm talking about this vent. Any quick fixes before I head to the dealer?
  8. N

Thule or Yakima Hitch bike rack

Went with this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TRTSW46/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502685070&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hitch+bike+rack+4&dpPl=1&dpID=41jYpcALR%2BL&ref=plSrch $100 and works just as well as my buddies Yakima that was almost 3 times the price.
  9. N

3rd Row Seat Headrests

Similar issue when we were looking for our 2017 Explorer Sport. This happened on the first two Sports we looked at. When you hit the power fold option, one of the headrests would not auto drop down. If you tapped the headrest ever so gently it would drop but not automatically. The service tech...
  10. N

Traded in the XSport

Yeah Explorer is the wife's. Traded in an 06 Toyota Sienna with 225,000 miles. Still have my 99TL (205,000 miles and 18 yrs old this week) + the Genesis RSpec sedan. The TL is my airport car (travel just about every week for work). The Genesis is the garage queen. 11,000 miles and almost 4 1/2...
  11. N

Traded in the XSport

Hey BlackJac. :wave: NSXNEXT from AcuraZine.
  12. N

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

For those with a Harbor Freight near them, they are having a really good sale on one of those hitch mounted carriers. $39 in the circular. https://m.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-deluxe-cargo-carrier-66983.html
Back