Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Transmission fluid poured out on road

Engine did not over heat. He drove about 50 miles a little city the last 20higway about 55 mph last 2 up small bluff but he has been driving up bluff and the 14 highway the last 2 months.He drove to work tonight no problem but has not gone home yet the 14 and 2.
  2. V

So what should I check next? Flush radiator? change trans filter? or ????
  3. V

My kids 94 automatic 4wd explorer came home after about 50 mile drive trans fluid was poring out on road .You could see big line of where he had been and explorer would not move anymore out of fluid. I went there next day added 4 qts to bring it to full now drives find and I do not see any...
  4. V

4wd help Please

Sorry kid just got home and helped me look while applying power and shaft turns in 4x4 but why would it not engage? From what I can tell everything in hubs look good.Is there supposed to be 3 small pronouned tabs that would turn the cone in hub off a spring and let spline of axle engage...
  5. V

4wd help Please

I don't think the low range selector and the 4wd high are switched by the shift motor just the 4wd high If I'm reading my haynes manual right .I beleive the low is switched by a cam, so just because it will go in low does not mean the front shaft should turn right?? Thanks
  6. V

4wd help Please

I can not get in to this site (Dead Link Removed) it comes up as You are not authorized to view this page.To bad it was a great site. I need help finding a new site on how to clean shift motor well I think I do,here is my problem. My auto 94 explorer will not go into 4wd .I push the 4x4...
Back