Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

steering wheel adjustment.

i'm i can't afford to take it to a shop to pay $70 dollars for an appretice mechanic to adjust the steering wheel. The reason it is like that is because it used to be 2 smashed x's. i rebuilt it into 1 x. when the steering column went back in, that's just how it ended up. i'm sure there is just...
  2. O

"check gauge" on dash

thanks heaps guys. that was awfully quick!!! almost as fast as my kangaroo!!!
  3. O

"check gauge" on dash

I have a 99 xlt x. on the dash there is a light that illumin8s "check gauge". any idea what this could mean???
  4. O

steering wheel adjustment.

my steering wheel is 90 degrees to far clockwise. can someone please tell me where i can adjust it. the wheels are fine, just the steereing wheel needs to bo moved. i can't drive around much longer like this!!!! can't see the dash!!!!
  5. O

wiring diagram for 2 smashed x's

doug, merry xmas to you too brother. you are a true life saver. now i'll have to ride my kangaroo to get some parts. hahahaha. have a safe and happy new year. tom
  6. O

they are RHD. the wiring should be the same though.
  7. O

thats cool, but it would cost me just as much to send the car to an auto elec. as it would to import those books from the US. doesn't someone have the wiring diagram on here? or maybe someone could scan it?? thanks for the help though
  8. O

i have recently purchased 2 smashed ford explorers. one is a 99xlt model and rolled about 10 times. the engine and chassis are fine. the second one was the body of a 97 xlt. i took the wiring harness' from the 99 and put it into the new body of the 97. the only problems i encountered are that...
  9. O

Brake light always on

i bought two smashed up explorers, the body of a 97 XLT and the body and chassis of a 99xlt. i rewired the 97 with the harness' from the 99. Everything works except for a few things on the tailgate like the brake lights and the rear wiper. the tail lights come on when the headlights are turned...
Back