Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2003 Explorer Spring Question:

Hey everyone, I have searched on here for information regarding my rear springs and have determined that people are putting leaves from 4 door explorers on 2 door ones. I am unable to determine what I need to do to make this happen for my year of explorer. I have an 03 sport and I want to swap...
  2. B

pimpedout97x's worklog. body work + bags

man I think I might add some bracing between those c notches before I cut the frame sections out. You would not want your frame getting twisted etc. Are you tig welding those? Careful with mig- it is not as strong as tig is. I am a welder and would be really thorough welding those chassis pieces.
  3. B

Wiring question

thanks for the pictures and response! Which is the ignition accessory wire? would I just splice a pigtail off of it and run it to a solenoid. I am thinking I will go this way. I am doubting that a solenoid on the ignition accy wire will over load it- what do you think?
  4. B

New Gen II BLACK/ black chrome headlights & corners - anyone tried?

I have a 3rd gen sport, and I made my own black headlights just like those. If your interested I can let you know how I did it. Cost me about 15 dollars.
  5. B

Wiring question

Hello all- I have a question concerning the wiring in my 03 sport. I would like to know if there is a way I can wire up a fuse box that becomes active only when my ignition is in the accessory position, or running position. I would like to run this box off of a solonoid, so that I can carry a...
  6. B

tail light recommendation for 1997 white XLT

I personally like simple, and the clear look to blingy to me. I would go with the carbon fiber ones. You could get the black ones, open em up, and paint them two tone to match the color of your truck. Might be cool. It is not hard to get the lens off the tail light. Totally up to you. I have a...
  7. B

HELP!! 2003 headlight/foglight removal.

Hi there- I just bought a newer truck- an 03 sport in black with grey trim. Found it with only 20K miles on it! Can someone provide me with some instruction as to how I go about removing my headlights and turn signals? I am going do a few modifications, possibly a retrofit of some kind, but am...
  8. B

Separating tail light lenses/backing?

hey there- I have read that you can set the oven to 300F and let it preheat- then turn it off and put your headlights in. Read that you should not exceed 7 min, and that you should put the light on cardboard so as not to melt the tabs.
  9. B

dually rims?

hahah thats awesome. lol I was more thinkin of putting the front wheels, or even say the wheels off an F350 superduty (Non dually) on my truck. Get the 8 lug look. Similar to what the guys with f350s are doing putting on semi truck rims. Maybe I should do that? haha
  10. B

dually rims?

just a thought- think it would be possible to use spacer/bolt pattern converters to retrofit a set of 19 inch dually front wheels to all 4 corners? Thought it would be kind of cool to have 8 lugs instead of 5. I also need to find some quality converters to do this- something tough. Think it will...
  11. B

Woot-polyfil, and what console?

where abouts do you put the stuff (polly-fill) ? just behind whatever panels you can pry off?
  12. B

Jakee's 4.0 SOHC Build up discussion and motivation thread

I am however interested in seeing some dyno results jakee, any improvement is better than none.
  13. B

Jakee's 4.0 SOHC Build up discussion and motivation thread

spindle can paypal me 500 bux if he wants too. Besides, easy on the "I am better at knowing about all these secret mods that no one else here knows about" talk- who cares really, no one has come close to anything super impressive for RWHP for a SOHC 4.0 on this entire site. Really what it all...
  14. B

Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer

Actually the skyline was banned because the engine computer could be hacked, and performance could be boosted by remaping different programming. It was pretty common for guys to get 800hp out of a dead stock engine just by screwing around with the engine management system. They came with a ton...
  15. B

Hey man I am 22 and I think your mods are one of a kind- too many people on here that think that monochromatic paint, black window tint, bigger rims, lowering or lifting kits, big stereos, or painting their body trim body color is serious custom one off amazing fab work. lol Seriously though - I...
  16. B

Hey there, props to the project. I actually think it is pretty cool. Not to many guys have anything like this. Ever seen the X with the BMW front end grafted to it? I have often thought it would be cool to revamp the body on mine, and actually I plan to when School gets back in in sept. I am a...
  17. B

Has anyone tried acetone in thier fuel? I DID!

Is that an educated opinion spindlecone? I have read extensive testing posted on environmental sites that suggest that it is actually a fairly good idea. The chemical properties of acetone really seem to be benificial to gasoline. Basically gasoline in liquid form has a very "hard to break"...
  18. B

Has anyone tried acetone in thier fuel? I DID!

What kind of milage has everyone been getting? I added about 2.5 ozs to my 17.5 gal tank on my 99 sport. So far looks like I will be mid-high 20s, but I have to burn this tank off and see what ends up happening.
  19. B

Momentary cut off switch for the alternator @ WOT

thats interesting- Really though I think it sounds like more work than it is worth. Might be better off to modify/upgrade the alternator casing with better bearings, or perhaps run 2 smaller diameter alternators to keep the spinning mass closer to the armature.
  20. B

really simple cold air mod...

Well that sounds better than dead on with the air temp in the engine bay
  21. B

wheres everyone up in calgary alberta?

I think we need to rally the troops and take over peter's drivethrough! Lets get some calgary explorer fanatics, all years, all body styles, modded or not!!!
  22. B

sorry but what is IAT?
  23. B

Can you elaborate- this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me- my intake cant really be open ever as there is a filter element in there, so I dont see what you mean by the hose hitting anything. And how would a dyno fan kill the engine??
  24. B

Boo yeah Celly! Greetings from cowtown! As far as performance goes with this mod, the airbox can at least pull in more air. I dont know if anyone has had a look at the factory setup but the intake on the airbox looks fairly restrictive to me. I trippled the surface area of the intake's opening...
Back