Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Rear door lock sounds like a motor running but doesnt work.

Thanks to all for the replies. At least the door panel looks easy enough to remove, but as for tiny hands, that'd not be me. Hmmmm, wonder if my wife could get her hands back there once I found what needed to be replaced.
  2. R

I have the same issue (2009), and was hoping someone would reply. Did you get it figured out? THnaks!
  3. R

I have the same issue. Hope someone answers, or did you get it figured out?
  4. R

Brakes sound like a mule when I back up!

Actually, it's garaged; however, it's driven in the rain. I assumed rust, too. Thanks.
  5. R

Every time I get an oil change, I do the Ford service where they rotate tires, check stuff, etc. They mark the brakes as ok...however, at 88k, they likely need attention. It doeasn't always make the sounds, and when it rains, it's more apt to make the sound.
  6. R

Really bizarre sound and it doesn't always do it. Wen I'm backing out of garage, my brakes sound like a mule hee haa sound or a seal baying maybe? I know it sounds funny, but I'm concerned as I've never heard brakes do that. Thoughts?
  7. R

Hard starting (and dread the answer).

As always, I appreciate all the replies/help. As an update, over the last couple of weekends, I've pulled the truck into the garage when i got off work Friday eve, and left 'till time to go to work on Monday morn. Starts right up without any fuss. So if the pump was bad (took a few seconds to...
  8. R

Thanks all. I did the injector clean because I had never done it, and thought I'd see if it helps - it didn't. I changed the plugs because Ford say 90K and I was at just under 87K, so figured may as well while it's in the shop. Already replaced fuel filter about 10K ago (first time)...
  9. R

Did a search, but the success of this site means you get a billion results to sift through...I just made it to a million. ;-) Anyway, my 2009 Explorer 4.0 with 87k has become troublesome to start. Had injectors cleaned, and plugs replaced (Ford said 90k, but did it at 86k). If I wait about 4...
  10. R

My engine sounds like it has a turbo....

Thanks, I'll try the alternator connector, but LOL, ain't taking off the belt. It's been that way since I got it 4 years ago as a CPO (had 39k miles). I usually take it to Ford for "The Works" oil change/inspection, so I'd think they'd tell me if there was something they could get money out of...
  11. R

My engine sounds like it has a turbo....

I've looked all over this forum, but never found the answer. My engine, 2009 4.0, sounds as though it has a turbo - even at idle. I've looked all over, but can not isolate the high pitch whine (LOL, my sonn thinks it sounds cool). I don't hear it at higher speeds because of all the other...
  12. R

Can I safely tow a 3500 LBS RV Trailer?

Well, I've given up the idea. Really wished I'd of kept looking when I got this one (wanted the V8), but such is life. Really appreciate all the input from everyone ,though!
  13. R

Thanks for the replies. It pretty much confirmed what I thought - it's not a good idea. I plan to look into that tranny issue. Is it of any help to install a tranny cooler now, or is that 120k fail pretty much a given (I'll check this board)? We got it as a CPO 4 years ago for 17k out the...
  14. R

Thanks for the reply! I found this site from Ford: https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/09RVTTguide.pdf Gives me pause when you mention weak trannys. Just do not want a huge F-150 that I'd use to tow a few times a year, and then have that hunk of metal taking up...
  15. R

Hi all, Newbie here! I have a 2009 4.0 with a class 2 factory hitch. Specs say it'll tow 3500 lbs. In Texas , electric brakes are mandatory over 3k lbs, so that's cool, as I'll have trailer brakes (will have to get a brake controller). That I know of, the truck had no tow package (seems...
Back