Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Windshield replaced....not autolamp feature doesn't work.

Yeah, I made the mistake of assuming that would be to easy for someone to forget to do....and I couldn't really see last night when I quickly checked.....but the guy didn't even bother to plug it back in.
  2. 2

Windshield replaced....not autolamp feature doesn't work.

I had my windshield replaced on Thursday and I noticed when driving last night the headlights didn't come on automatically. I played with the switch on the mirror and nothing happened. Is there a wire, a sensor, or something they could've connected wrong or something simple that I can check...
  3. 2

Need to know how to replace the rear wiper motor

Is there a thread or link showing the steps to doing this? I just bought the motor today and am hoping to get it replaced within the next couple days since it's actually nice outside. Thanks
  4. 2

Need help finding parts online- Ford is a rip-off

Fastpartsnetwork didn't appear to have it when I looked...I'll check the other site later on tonight when I'm home. THere's a NAP down the street from my house- I have to check their hours but I'm hoping they'll have it when I call them later on after work. It beats waiting for the part and then...
  5. 2

Hate to be dumb, but where is the VIN number on the dash? I looked quick the other night (it was 4 degrees at the time) and couldn't find it.
  6. 2

Rock Auto seems like it's the only place that has the blend door actuator (unless I check ebay at hom since it's blocked on my work computer). Which explorer would mine be? I know it's the 4.0L but I have no idea what the (X) and the (E) mean.
  7. 2

I'm trying to find a for a few parts for my 99 Ford Explorer Sport and the Ford dealerships around here are rip offs. I need the following parts and would like to know of reliable and fast places to order them from on-line. (I also want to be sure I am ordering the right parts.) blend door...
  8. 2

Little white box that controls hot/cold air???

The six hours involved taking apart the whole dash board to get to it. There's room to get to it if you take off the golove box and reach in that way. There's instructions around this site to fix the broken blend door by going in through the golve box opening. Ford will only fix it by taking...
  9. 2

Yeah, it's definitely the actuator. It used to not turn right so my brother would stick his hand in through the glove box and manually change it in the spring and winter. But this fall, my girlfriend's brother tried changing it and the thing to turn wouldn't turn at all. He took it out and it's...
  10. 2

My Explorer's hot/cold control on the dash stopped working. The little white box that is attached to it that switches from hot to cold seized up and no longer turns. What's it called and where can I get one? The numbers on the orange label are: F87H-19E616-BA R241 A09892 MAN...
  11. 2

Sway bar linkage?

THanks Jeff, That's what I was planning on doing Friday when I went to get them, but I thought I'd ask to be sure. The guy that's going to do it on Sunday works for a car dealership so he knows what he's doing- he's going to do them after he does my rear brakes which he noticed I needed done...
  12. 2

Sway bar linkage?

IS there a link to what I need to get at AutoZone or PepBoys? My friend was changing my breaks last night and noticed both sway bar linkage bolts were missing and said he could put them on Sunday if I get them, but when I looked at autozone.com there was nothing that looked like a simple bolt...
  13. 2

What should I expect to pay to replace front wheel bearing?

Yeah, they said they didn't have it. They said what I could do is put the old one on and if it looks like we need to replace it, find one later and just switch it. I'm on my way out the door to get it done as soon as I print out the directions just in case, so it's too late to get one now...
  14. 2

I gave his wife the printed out instructions and he called me this morning and he said we can try it tomorrow or Monday night. Does anyone have a link the main hub nut that I need to get at Autozone? I'll see what I can find but I don't want to get the wrong thing. As for the garage thing- I...
  15. 2

Do I need any of the other things listed on this page as well...
  16. 2

It wasn't that he was complaining- she said he would have no problem helping me with something he's done before but he was hesitant to do this because he hasn't done it before and the whell is kind of important. She said he'd give him the directions from the link about since he was going by some...
  17. 2

My friend's husband is afraid to do it. He says it looks easy enough to do but at the same time seems complicated. He's afraid that if he does anything wrong the whell will fall off when I'm driving and something will happen. She's going to bug him about it again tonight to see what he says...
  18. 2

4wd It's making a pretty loud noise most of the time I drive, so I don't want to wait too long. I've got a friend at work whose hsband does all the work on their explorer so she's going to see if he'd be willing to do it for me. As for the ebay link- I'll have to check it tonight since our...
  19. 2

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performMoreDetail&Parameters=TRUE%7C%7EBearing%2FHub+Assembly+-+Wheel+Front%7C%7ENONE%7C%7ETIMKEN%7C%7ENONE%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7E242591%7C%7E3225%7C%7ESP450200%7C%7ENONE%7C%7E%24160.99%7C%7EFord+Truck%7C%7EExplorer+4WD%7C%7E19...
  20. 2

I thought I could just get the bearings changed and wouldn't need the entire hub. Anyway, there's no way I'd be able to do it myself and our brothers are the only two people I know that would be able to help me do it. I am beyond brain dead when it comes to cars- heck I couldn't figure out...
  21. 2

Trust me- no way I can do it myself. BTW, if this is such a "do-it-yourself" project, why did my brother and my girlfriend's brother both say they don't have the needed tools at home and would have to do it at the garages they work at? Am I missing something- did my saying the "wheel bearing"...
  22. 2

I went in yesterday to get the tire pressure looked at on my front passenger side tire, thinking that was the reason the tire was making a weird noise. Turns out the bearing is shot and needs to be replaced really soon. What should I expect to pay when I start calling places and asking for...
  23. 2

Abs light on- garage says I need to replace Hub$$

The ABS light came on last week so I had it checked on this morning. Turns out the senson on the front right needs to be replaced. Does anyone else think it's totally stupid that I need to spend nearly $500 bucks to replace the entire hub when it's only a cheap senson that isn't working...
  24. 2

Keypad on door doesn't work anymore...suggestions?

I have a 99 explorer sport. A few months back I was having problems with the driver's side door not unlocking some of the time (using viper alarm, buttons inside, keypad, nothing- I'd have to hit unlock and then use the unlock button on the passenger side or in the back). ANother problems was...
  25. 2

Front driver's side wheel squeaking non-stop- what is it?

Well I drove the 45 minutes to have my brother look at at work, and half-where there the noises just stopped. He took the tire off anyway and looked at everything and he couldn't find anything wrong- the rotor was perfect since he just replaced that a couple months ago, the bearings were fine...
Back