Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Replaced RDU, Cant drive

How do you know you did not get a v-6 rear? They have at least two gear ratio's
  2. I

Driver Data Collection

https://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/automaker_responses_to_sen_markey_letter_on_privacy_-_022824pdf.pdf Here are their responses to a Senators question from most of the currant automakers we have in the US. Most of them have included their privacy policies you can read also. You can form...
  3. I

Driver Data Collection

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/technology/carmakers-driver-tracking-insurance.html
  4. I

Driver Data Collection

I did and I don't see one. If you search the web there are plenty of news articles about this subject. The NY Times article specifically states others that are doing it. GM has a pending lawsuit over it. GM you can disable it on the app. I have found nothing about dialing an Explorer but there...
  5. I

Driver Data Collection

All the car companies are sell our driver data to third party who intern sell it to the insurance companies. How do we disable this in our explorers? What year did they start putting modems in to transmit this info, I believe Fords calls it Telematics.
  6. I

can my 2016 take E85 at the pump?

Your car cannot take e 85. If it could that ring would be yellow and say e85.
  7. I

can my 2016 take E85 at the pump?

Open your gas door there should be a tag telling you that info. Your filler neck would be yellow also I believe.
  8. I

Help - Engine Mounting Bracket Bolts Sheared Off

It's a link you can click on it. Here is a pic
  9. I

I just found this it is smaller that any right angle drill it may work. Get stubby drill bits also.
  10. I

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294152457103?var=0&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1oNUXY_tjThOqRAEagDferg7&gclid=74ce1b8ac766183ee7a67e1181c6ce1f&gclsrc=3p.ds&&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=3&campid=5339010859&customid=jkp_74ce1b8ac766183ee7a67e1181c6ce1f&toolid=10001&mkevt=1&gb=1&msclkid=74ce...
  11. I

Lincoln Aviator production will end in Chicago by 2028

That's insane for a KW of power. I just looked at my bill I pay $.15 per kw with all taxes included in NJ. I don't understand why more people don't charge at home. Why all the charger plugs are not the same is just stupid that should be a law. I have read that the Lightning can charge...
  12. I

Center Cap does not fit

My 2015 has 20'' 10 spoke wheels and uses this center cap. what wheels do you have FL3Z-1130-K
  13. I

2013 Explorer Sport - Holy Lemon Batman!

Used car dealers buy junk and sell junk, mostly from auctions. The only used vehicle I would buy would be a private seller or a certified used from a Ford or Lincoln Dealer. How many miles was on this 10 year old vehicle?
  14. I

Headlight Replacement

I used this it work pretty good. I didn't want to remove the bumper again. If you take the lights out you can wet sand and buff and make them like new. My friend did that to his and it was a long process but he has a lot of patience. The after market ones are okay but are cheaply made compared...
  15. I

Transmission fluid

I just had my 2015 with 55,000 miles on it flushed. It shifts a lot smoother and I'm happy. They did 2nd rear toe link recall and a 2nd air bag recall under back seat. Rear alignment was included they did the front also. Oil change and rotate tires also so Im good to go.
  16. I

Putting in a 2023 King Ranch order

Thanks Peterk9 I read thru the other posts I had no idea about the fake engine noise. What a ridiculous idea. I would have the dealer turn that off before I took delivery.
  17. I

So why would the engine interior noise be different on a Platinum , King Ranch, or ST? They all have the same engine and I would assume the insulation is the same. Are the Exhaust systems different?
  18. I

Nevermind i just seen in other threads it is a supply chain issue.
  19. I

Just curious why you did the the hands free lift gate delete?
  20. I

2022 ST vs King Ranch?

I have to go see them in person I have only seen pictures of the buckets folded and you probably right cause my mattress is only a little more than half the width of the cargo area. And I rarely have more than 4 usually only two people. I have only used the third row once.
  21. I

2022 ST vs King Ranch?

I can’t believe that it is not offered in Canada. What is there thinking on that? I’m on the fence about the 4 buckets or the rear bench. When traveling I put a foam mattress in the back of my 2015 with the bench for when I need a couple of hours sleep. With all the seats folded down it works...
  22. I

2022 ST vs King Ranch?

I wish they just made the king ranch an interior option. I love the seats but I don’t want roof rails. I also want black wheels but I don’t want black interior. An ST with king ranch interior would be perfect in my opinion.
  23. I

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

I bought the key with the 5 button remote in it. Had it cut at a locksmith. Then turned on the remote start with fordscan. $100 is cheap let the dealer program it buy the key online
Back