Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Zinc

Newbie to Infotainment- Where to start with setting up Sync 3?

So I had one of those "D'oh" moments with the settings in Sync. While I checked whether or not AA was enabled, I misread the disable as push it to disable. I tried it and it worked. Mine is like yours that I must go through AA to get to Waze. Would be nice to avoid AA.
  2. Zinc

Yes, Yes, and yes. I even deleted and reinstalled the AA.
  3. Zinc

I'm not sure what I hit, but I lost the ability to have Android Auto, and Waze, show up on my Sync 3 screen. Been all through the owners manual and my phone, but have not been able to figure out what I did to lose it. It was working great when plugged in via USB. Any ideas? How do I get it back?
  4. Zinc

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

So, in just over a year with this Explorer Platty, I have over 34K miles. At 32K, with tread bars showing, I decided to go ahead and get new tires installed before cold weather sets in. Like many others, I went with the Michelin Defender LTX and had them installed for just about $800. Thought...
  5. Zinc

Multi-contour / massaging seat problem

Update - No code showed up when it was malfunctioning. Dealer had the Ford radio guy do a deep dive and said the issue is not Sync 3 related and I will have to bring the car back AGAIN and get a loaner so they can test wires all day and try to find the issue.
  6. Zinc

My Platinum Explorer

the twin turbo makes it the top trim level. :dpchug:
  7. Zinc

My Platinum Explorer

Nothing wrong with the Sport, Obi. As Peter mentioned, the Platinum trim wasn't introduced until 2016 and prior to that , the Sport was the top trim level. So, you got the top trim for your model year.
  8. Zinc

My Platinum Explorer

Obi - Platinum has the 3.5 twin turbo (EcoBoost 3.5)
  9. Zinc

Multi-contour / massaging seat problem

Been having similar issues with my drivers seat not taking adjustments or massaging through Sync 3. Dealer had it and it worked for them. Told me to bring it back when it was not functioning to get them to read the code as no code was stored. No Ford dealer is convenient.
  10. Zinc

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Had the oil changed last week and the service for the exhaust issue that I have not noticed. Got a call 2 days later stating that Ford just came out with a new fix and to bring mine back. Ugh! not sure what is new, will call later.
  11. Zinc

Lane Depart/Lane Keep Assist Malfunctioned

Yep, I accidentally turned it off. Now I know the on/off button is at the end of the stalk.
  12. Zinc

Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited

Peter, you have way too much time on your hands to know this much and desire to correct every little inconsistency.
  13. 2017.04.17 Side Profile

2017.04.17 Side Profile

Zinc's 2015 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Special
  14. Zinc

Thanks. Getting ready to head out into stop and go traffic. (Washington DC area traffic sucks!) Will check it when I get in.
  15. Zinc

I had no idea there was a button on the turn stalk until I saw it in the owners manual 15 min ago. Will check after work. No obstruction to cameras and vehicle was turned off and on numerous times. I'm suspecting that I accidentally hit the turn signal and didn't even know the on/off was there.
  16. Zinc

Daytime Running Lights - 2017 Explorer Limited

I know nothing about Vietnam spec Explorers. US versions (at least in Platinum) have a LED ring and the configurable option to have headlight on in addition. Low & highbeam are both white LED.
  17. Zinc

Heat - 2017 Explorer

I don't pay too much attention to the temp of air coming out of vents, but I usually have mine set between 72 and 73 degrees F and air seems warm and Explorer heats up. I don't see a problem.
  18. Zinc

I'm bringing this old thread back as I am now experiencing an issue with the Lane Departure on my 2017 Explorer. Drove the Explorer to work yesterday and there were no issues. Used remote start as I was making the long walk to my car after work, got in, and there was no visual of the lane...
  19. Zinc

In Channel Weather Tech Vent Visor help needed

So, not sure what caused the crack on the driver's side, but WeatherTech sent me a free replacement and it installed and is working perfectly. The WeatherTech look incredible and really blend in with the tint. Happy camper. bnewt - Tried to install a set of Auto Vent Shade deflectors on my...
  20. Zinc

Car or Truck?

Sure, it's easy to call it an suv, but too many syllables for a quick reference. - "Honey, do you want to take the truck to the beach or the car?" Or "Honey, do you want to take the Sport Utility Vehicle to the beach or the car?" Even S.U.V. is three syllables. Hence the question, truck or...
  21. Zinc

Car or Truck?

"The Whale" - Now that is fitting!
  22. Zinc

Car or Truck?

So my wife and I find ourselves referring to our new Explorer as a truck. But is it? Yeah, we know it's based on a Volvo designed chassis used on Taurus, Flex, and the old Freestyle. But, are we wrong to call it a truck? Just a habit since it appears to be a big SUV, but deep inside it's a...
  23. Zinc

I'm about to pull the trigger

In some ways, I preferred the Edge. While I like the interior space of the Explorer, it drives very big. Lower cost and the options you wanted when you wanted them, I think you did well.
  24. Zinc

2017 Limited has arrived!

Congrats on that beautiful new ride! (And staying pretty dry!)
  25. Zinc

I'm about to pull the trigger

Curious as to why the Edge won out. Care to define on what criteria? We almost bought an Edge in 2013 and bought an Accord instead. (yeah, appear to be apples and lima beans) The Edge really appeared to be a nice vehicle and part of me regretted not getting it. I don't know why I went...
Back