Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

02 Sport Questions: Tires, Leaf Springs, Brakes

The truck weighs thousands of pounds, you think me (150lbs) getting in and out of it every day has caused 4 year old leaf springs to develop a memory? I'm not sure I buy that. A full tank of gas is only about 125lbs heavier than an empty one. Anybody else have some input for me?
  2. P

If they are already multi leaf, what causes the sag? It seems like my drivers side is a good 1-2" lower than the passenger side as well. I'm also getting a pretty nasty bump steer in the rear end, is it the leafs, shocks, or something else? Thanks.
  3. P

Hey guys, got a couple questions real quick about my 02 Sport: Tires- With winter now hitting in Michigan, I think I would like to purchase a good set of snow tires for the winter months. I've owned 3 SUV's and have never done this, but I think it would be worth it. Who makes a good tire for...
  4. P

02 Sport Explorer questions

53 people have no clue about any of my questions? Man, I remember when you could get 5 replies in a half hour on this board. Are those days gone?
  5. P

21 views, no one has any input?
  6. P

Well its spring time again, and it's time for me to pay a little closer attention to my truck. Here are the current issues I have questions about: Front end shake: In tight corners at very slow speeds I get a front end shake in my X. This happened in my '00 XLT I had, but I sold it recently...
  7. P

Adding a second sub to Ford's "Premium" sound system

Its in the rear cargo area, where most Explorer's have the little storage bin. They remove the bin, put the sub back there (firing to the left, into the cargo area) and cover it with a nice looking wire mesh screen. There are some pics in the audio section here of people who have mounted a 10"...
  8. P

Hard Wired iPod

Is it not possible so nobody has posted, or just that nobody knows? Any insight would be great.
  9. P

Hard Wired iPod

Ok, so I assume this has been asked before, but my search didn't turn up much. I have an 02 X w/ the "Premium" sound system (the 6 disk in dash head unit). I'm looking for a system to hardwire my 20gig iPod directly to my stereo. Is this possible, what is the cost, who makes a good...
  10. P

Adding a second sub to Ford's "Premium" sound system

So... to bring a dead topic back. I've finally got my hands on a good aftermarket 10" I'm going to mount in the stock space in the back. My girlfriends brother just blew one of his, so he's selling me his one good one for 30 bucks. It's a 10" Kenwood Do I NEED a better amp for this to sound...
  11. P

Wiper blade motor making a screeching sound...

12 views, no ideas?
  12. P

Rear suspension squeak

Would that be something I can just grease up or should I replace it?
  13. P

Rear suspension squeak

02 Sport... It sounds like the sound a front ball joint would make when it's going bad, except it's coming from my rear drivers side wheelwell. What should I check first?
  14. P

Wiper blade motor making a screeching sound...

Its not the wipers themselves, it sounds like the motor. It does it randomly, and eventually stops and starts again. Any ideas on how to fix it? I've never taken it apart before, so I have no as to how these things work. Thanks.
  15. P

Best way to fix "rear end sag?"

I do tow a 2 place snowmobile trailer, so that would be nice. Thanks guys, I'll look into them. So GenII 4 door springs then...
  16. P

01 Cavalier help

Thanks guys. I'll look into it all and report back.
  17. P

How difficult is it to replace the leaf springs? Doesn't seem too hard. Any good threads with pics? Is it just that the springs used on the 2 doors are garbage? Why didn't Ford just use the 4 door springs?
  18. P

01 Cavalier help

Anyone?
  19. P

That looks pretty straightforward. Will the Warrior shackles (or even the cheapy autozone ones) be the correct height to even out my X? I dont want to go from rear end being too low to rear end being too high. :) Thanks.
  20. P

I've never done any suspension work, how hard are those to install? Are there any good threads with those in there? (Pics help a ton). I do all my own work on my truck, so I'm sure I can do it. I just dont have any experience with these... Thanks.
  21. P

My 02 sport has it pretty badly, what is the best method to fix it? I've hear theres a few options, add a leaf, warrior shackles, etc etc. Whats the easiest/cost effective way to do this? I dont drive it off road, I just want it to sit higher in the back.
  22. P

01 Cavalier help

A friend of mine is having problems with her 01 Cavalier. She was driving on the highway one day and noticed her RPM gauge going crazy (pulsing up and down). She pulled off the road and wasn't able to restart her car. I took a look at it, and theres no power going to her car at all. I figured...
  23. P

Anyone have Satellite Radio?

Well I've decided to go with Sirus. What would be a good unit to buy? I have the Ford "Premium" sound system, w/ the 6 disk in dash changer. I would like to keep that if possible. I know there are a lot of 'add on' units for satellite, whats a good one thats reasonably priced? Thanks guys...
  24. P

02' Sport suspension questions

So why do some have this and some dont? I've only seen 3 or 4 that don't have it vs the 50 or so that do, but one was an old lady driving hers and the other two looked like soccer moms. Not saying they didn't fix them, but its unlikely.
Back