Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2016+ Raptor Style Grille and Hella Horn swap

Ok, that is what i went with while installing mine.
  2. J

2016+ Raptor Style Grille and Hella Horn swap

I am installing my grill possibly tomorrow....I was wondering where I can pick up power for the lights....I am not sure if I want to pick it up off the fog lights or if off of when the ignition is on,then off when it is off....can you help??
  3. J

towing capacities question

What is all listed in the tow package? I already put the hitch on and got the wire adapter from ford to connect into the harness. Also i found a so called pamphlet that advertises the 2017 explorer and it contradicts the owners manual bc it lists the 2.3 eb with 4wd or awd at a towing capacity...
  4. J

towing capacities question

So when I got my 2017 2.3L ecoboost xlt explorer, I asked the dealer if I will be able to tow heavier loads, b/c I would like to eventually get a small camper trailer, and was told yes. Well recently I decided to start getting a hitch and such since mine didn't come with the tow package. So when...
  5. J

2017 XLT, 2.3L ecoboost, hard shift into reverse

I did find out it is the 6F35 tranny.
  6. J

2017 XLT, 2.3L ecoboost, hard shift into reverse

I wanted to see if anyone else has this issue with the explorers with the 2.3l ecoboost. My tranny has a delay when putting it into reverse and then it jerks into gear when it does. It has 8700 miles on it and has done it for a while. I already took it to the dealer once for it and they kept it...
  7. J

K&N air filter question

Well after I bought my 2017 xlt with the 2.3 L ecoboost, I decided to get the K& N drop in filter. I didn't think anything of it because I have bought these in the past with other vehicles. Recently I have had some issues with hesitation and tranny issues with shifting problems with reverse and...
  8. J

Transmission stalling

I have a 2017 XLT, with the 2.3L ecoboost, and have had similar issues..mine seems so have slow engagement when going from park to reverse, and then reverse to drive, then it seems to hit 1st, 2nd, and 3rd a little hard, but once the tranny is warmed up I don't have the same problems, but I do...
  9. J

New AT style tires

yes they are the geolander at-s tires, a quick update....have had them on for 1 week now. Ride is not as smooth as the HP tires, but what do you expect from an AT tire? But the rolling resistance must be a lot less than my Michelins. My fuel mileage has increased!! I was getting 16.5 to max of...
  10. J

New AT style tires

So when I bought my new explorer, it had those Michelin latitude tour HP tires on it, mostly highway tire. I didn't really like them and here in PA, you never know what kind of winter we are going to have. So Ive been researching for a while what options on AT type tires...not many because of...
  11. J

warranty question...

I was looking up those rims and I thought they would be cheap being steel, nope the cheapest I saw was 269 a rim....but thanks for the suggestions, i'll keep looking, I may get a different set of tires for winter based on my stock rims and then save up for a "fancier" set for the...
  12. J

warranty question...

thanks for the suggestions, any good sources to find cheap rims?? like steel rims for that purpose??
  13. J

Time for tires

I searched back on this thread and I can't find what I am looking for, so I am going to ask.....does anyone have any experience with light to heavy snow using the Michelin latitude tour HP tires? My new 2017 has the 245/60/R18's of these on it, and I like how they ride on dry, but not so much in...
  14. J

warranty question...

So looking at new tires since I ended up with the Michelin latitude HP on my 2017, I want something more aggressive for winter. I saw all the posts on here about types and changing sizes. So I called my local tire dealer asked them if they had any suggestions based on tire size (OE) and he...
  15. J

2017 Ford Explorer Sport issues already

what motor do you have in yours?? I am starting to have issues with clunking with the tranny.....
  16. J

2017 XLT, 2.3L ecoboost AWD tranny concerns

Hey folks, not sure how many out there have the 2.3L ecoboost motor, but I am experiencing weird things with the tranny. Lately and it seems to be happening more, when I go in reverse out my driveway, I come to a stop, and shift into Drive, not sport, the tranny seems to take a moment and then...
  17. J

Your Best Mileage from a 2.3L Ecoboost?

Around town I am getting 18 to 18.5 mpg, a recent trip from Pittsburgh to Lancaster, pa via the PA turnpike travelling 75 mph most of the way, using 89 octane we got 22.7 mpg. We have a 2017 XLT with only about 1800 miles on it so far, so I hope as it breaks in more that the mileage goes up!!
  18. J

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

what size do you have?? I checked the BFgoodrich site and they claim they don't make my size?!?!?
  19. J

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

I have a new 2017 xlt explorer, awd, 2.3L ecoboost. It came with Michelin latitude touring HP tires (245/60/r18). I was driving it yesterday and we had a fairly heavy rain with standing water puddling on the highway, and while driving it just didn't seem to cut thru the water all that well and...
  20. J

hot smell...

GCRs?? Ground cables??
  21. J

hot smell...

Hi there, new 2017 explorer owner. My new ride only has about 625 miles on it. I have been concerned about a hot electrical smell that comes from the drivers side fender when I am running the ac for the front and rear aspects of the car. I checked in the fuse panel and I find most of the large...
Back