Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

2014 XLT with flickering interior lighting and audio

Solved Was messing around by the battery junction box and noticed that one the main feeds from the battery was loose, the one on the B+ terminal that is bolted down to the cinch mechanism. After I secured that, my issues vanished. Way better solution that digging in to modules. I did learn a...
  2. K

Alright I was digging through the some of the wiring diagrams that I have for my rig. I'll share a portion if anyone wants to give me a second opinion on the wiring. 2014_Explorer_Wiring_Diagrams.pdf I will remove this sharing option in a few days. From what I can tell, the power for the HVAC...
  3. K

I confirmed that the BCM module in Forscan is indeed the smart box junction (SBJ) fuse panel. From some of the other wiring schematics I have observed, it appears that the low current lighting functions that are likely driven by low side drivers maybe having an issue. However, not everything...
  4. K

I had it happen again this morning on my commute it, however it was much harder to convince system to make it happen. I eventually grabbed a log of a couple battery voltage / current logs when this happens. They are denoted by the dips in voltage and rise in current. All of the suspect, voltage...
  5. K

Yeah, I did see that, it was for the microphone circuit which has been working for me. More interesting though is the overvoltage condition that is common on the BCM, APIM, ACM, FCIM, and HVAC, which would address all the issues that I have been seeing. I should check what my alternator voltage...
  6. K

These are the codes that I pulled from the modules, the ABS one is a wheel speed sensor when I hit some abruptly, like a rough rail road crossing at speed (has happened twice ever). I tested all of the modules with Forscan and none of them returned any issues except the BCM for my headlamps...
  7. K

This is what has come to mind for me too, I am just trying to take the most logical problem solving approach to the problem. It just seems coincidental that it happened first in the cold weather. It has to be a module due to the sub-systems that are involved in the process. Another thing that is...
  8. K

I have given that some thought, but I would need to give the wiring schematics a honest glance before I would deep dive into it. I need to find where all of these devices tie into one another, whether it be CAN, a module, or common ground/power.
  9. K

I do have Forscan, just haven't hooked up yet. I am working on getting wiring schematics for the interior compartment fuse box, BCM, and perhaps the IPC. The interesting thing is that it will do it if the cabin is warm or cold. On a side note, I unplugged the battery last night to hard reset all...
  10. K

Hey everyone, Currently undergoing some electrical issues within my explorer. The first time that I noticed this was a few weeks ago when it was around zero degree F during a left hand turn from a stop. There isn't one particular feature that causes this issue, I can mess with the heat setting...
  11. K

Front suspension / clunk problem

Yup, exactly what I was thinking. I remember reading somewhere and previous dealings with ball joints, there should be some sort of "resistance" to motion. When in motion, it should be fluid and continuous. On a side note, I am a fan of MOOG's grease-able ball joint. For $90 from Rock auto...
  12. K

Ended up ordering the a MOOG lower control arm. When I removed my OEM one, I noted that the ball joint wasn't clunky, but was pretty free to move. The front control arm looked good, but was hard to tell if it actually was based on how it is packaged. The rearward bushing was pretty soft. I could...
  13. K

Yeah, I am currently debating of throwing a new loaded A-Arm at it just because it will cover the control arm bushings and the ball joint. But was hoping for a some more input before pulling the trigger on a $75 part.
  14. K

Details: 2014 Explorer XLT AWD V6 NA 129k miles (like new, all highway miles...Sunday driven...catholic owned...non smoker) Problem / complaint: Alright, I have been noticing a subtle thud / clunk in my front end of my explorer (classic descriptor right?). The noise from my point of view...
Back