Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

Thanks so much for the information. Having to go through sheet medal is not good news to square away the plastic ear at the bottom of these front splash guards.. Did you use the 1/4 inch drill bit for the bottom hole as well? How did the re-use of the fastners work out top and bottom.
  2. D

2017 MY Running Boards

Hi all, I got a copy of instructions from the parts department where I bought the running boards from. I have them installed. Took me about 4.5 hours to put them on and that was on the floor of the garage and with a slightly pulled back. So yes....I did take my time. :-) Question: Noticed not a...
  3. D

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

I finished up installing the OEM running boards today (what a joy) and turned my attention to the OEM splash guards starting with the front. I should have known nothing was easy. The instructions indicate drilling one hole, each side for the hole at the top of the splash guard however on my...
  4. D

2017 MY Running Boards

I appreciate it. Nothing like getting all prepped to do this thing with the garage and all only to be missing the darn instructions. I got the window vent/deflectors on. Next will be the splash guard/mud flaps followed by the rear bumper protector and roof cross bars...not necessarily in that...
  5. D

2017 MY Running Boards

Hi everyone. New guy here with a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport. Just like kmarnes above. I ordered the OEM running boards but the box was opened. Parts look all to be there but not the instructions. Anyone have a link to them? Back to the parts department tomorrow if not. Thanks for any help.
Back