Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Chrome Flashing on Grill

What about using an Expy Sport Trac Adrenalin grill from the same year as your XLT Expy? All the ones i've seen in person are black. I do not know if this would be a direct fit, although it seems to me like it would be. Has anyone done this?
  2. D

2008 Explorer 5R55S issues

Hi! My mom has a 2008 V6 2WD Explorer (121,000 mi) with the 5R55S transmission (Trans code "V" on the door sticker). She bought it brand new, and has had all maintenance performed per the owner's manual. She told me that recently the 1-2 shift has become "clunky" and takes longer than usual...
  3. D

Question on adapter for SW controls w/ aftermarket HU

Anybody had experience using this product (SWI-ECL2) with an Eclipse CD5030? Thx
  4. D

New (to me) '08 Explorer. Issues to look for?

Thanks! She has owned it since new & I think she still had the original radiator in it, so i feel like the radiator would have started leaking by now (its got around 114,000 mi). So maybe they did change the design for the '08 & up...i'll have to do some more research. :)
  5. D

So i called PAC this morning and got a few answers (but not all). Here's what I learned: -I confirmed that the blue box sold by PAC is the most current design/version. -PAC used to sell a black box with the same part number. -PAC purchased Peripheral years ago, so the units being sold online...
  6. D

Thanks for the heads up!
  7. D

any tips or things I should be looking to replace? Problem child issues?
  8. D

Hi! I will soon be the proud owner of a '08 XLT with premium sound. I'll be installing an Eclipse CD5030 that is currently in my '00 Ford Contour. I want to be able to use the existing steering wheel (SW) audio controls on the '08 XLT with my Eclipse CD5030. From looking on here and google...
  9. D

WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr.

I just verified that it works on my mom's 2008 XLT. Pretty neat!
  10. D

Hi! I'm about to be given an '08 Explorer 2wd V6 XLT with 114,000 mi. Its currently my mom's and she is very meticulous about having preventative maintenance done, and has kept all records on it from day 1. From reading on here, my understanding is that it has the 5R55W 5 speed auto trans and...
  11. D

Ford Flex shift knob install in Explorer

OP, for some reason 2 of your pics aren't showing up (the ones where you are drilling the hole and modifying the wire). All i can see are the pics of the stock shifter & the pics of the end result. Thanks!
  12. D

couple of questions? 1992 ranger

thanks! What is the general thoughts around here about the benefits of an e-fan. flex a lite 30 perhaps?
  13. D

86 STX

glfredrick: how does one go about polishing the TB? also was wondering how to advance the distributor curve? are there any decent aftermarket TBs that are larger? thanks oh, and do you have a K&N drop in or the entire intake?
  14. D

93' Ranger Problem

how hard was it to add your aftermarket tach?
  15. D

couple of questions? 1992 ranger

Can i type my VIN in somewhere online and find all the specs on my truck (i.e. rear end gears, etc)? Also, is a 5 speed considered 4 + OD? I was thinking it would be. How hard is it to add a tach...i have an auto meter one from my el camino i'd like to install. what is the redline for my 2.3 4...
  16. D

2.3 performance upgrades

nope, i haven't heard of em, but it sounds pretty sweet. i wonder how much boost you'd be able to run w/ stock internals, like maybe 7 psi? does anyone know about what power level the internals can hold up to?
  17. D

2.3 performance upgrades

project92 do you know of any websites i could look at for internals or for the headwork, etc? thanks
  18. D

2.3 performance upgrades

i have a 2.3 w/ the dual spark plug configuration, doesn't this provide a bit more power? i think i read something sayin that was the reason for ford doing it. i have pondered some performance parts, would a chip make a lot of difference? i have a 5 speed manual, (well, 4 + OD) i guess that's...
  19. D

Overhead Temp Reading

it's just one part. i think one of the strings may be a ford specific number. but they are for the same thing. just not sure if it's 2 seperate things or just one long part number. sorry for any confusion.
  20. D

Turn Signals do not work

update it turned out to be the flasher. the fuses were fine. he took it to a garage and had it fixed. i was wanting him to ask them exactly where the flasher was. my guess is, it's the small, silver rectangle thing in the 'power distribution box' under the hood. btw it's an 02 sport trac. just...
  21. D

302 for a 89 ranger super cab

i own a 92 ranger and i have been pondering the same issue of putting a 5.0 'stang motor in it. did u have to custom make motor mounts? any other real tricky issues you ran into other than the slave cylinder issue? i'd love to read about some v8 conversions. this 2.3L sucks nuts!
  22. D

Overhead Temp Reading

i just got a similar prob fixed on my 98 xlt, but the overhead console temp would sit at 140F all the time and i just got the temp sensor from abc auto parts for about $15. (it's a motorcraft part) it's located on the front driver's side. (you can see it from under the front bumper or from the...
  23. D

Turn Signals do not work

problem fixed? RIPDOTCOM did you ever get your problem solved? i have a buddy w/ a 2002 sport trac w/ the exact problems u describled. the wipers and hi/lo beams work fine as well as the hazards. i'm thinking it's a fuse. is replacing the fuse for the blinkers the same as the 'flasher relay' as...
  24. D

Couple of small problems

thanks for the replies guys. so is the consensus that the fuse is underhood?
  25. D

Couple of small problems

Hey guys, i don't post on here too often, but i have always gotten some good info! The questions i have are; for my 1998 XLT, the temperature readout on the overhead console/pod, is way off (30 or more deg.) and i was wondering if the ambient temp sensor needs to replaced or if it is something...
Back