Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Towing

so just checking in with the guys that actually towed with this Explorer before. if I did my homework right it looks like it's best to keep the RPM's in the 4000 range. And is it best to achieve this by leaving it in the tow haul mode with automatic or is it best to downshift into low gear and...
  2. M

Towing

Awesome thank you everyone for all the good information this will be the first time I've actually told the disbey achill so I was just trying to get as much good info from people that have done it before as I could as far as going up steep grades and going down steep grades what RPM range to...
  3. M

Towing

Hello thanks for the info. Im very new to towing a travel trailer. I haven't really done any Towing on steep grades most of what I have done is just flat on the interstate and such so I wasn't sure how to navigate the steep grades up and down with the automatic transmission on the Ford Explorer...
  4. M

Towing

Also is there somewere to look up my vin to verify i do have the tow pkg.
  5. M

Towing

Peter. I will do some searching. I do already have the hitch as well. I havent done a lot of steep grade towing before so just looking for advice using the Automatic transmission and tow/haul. Both up and down hill.
  6. M

Towing

Yes sorry its set up with the factory tow pkg.
  7. M

Towing

Hey guys. We just bought a small travel trailer 2,600lbs dry with 1,100 payload. Any tips on towing with the 2011 explorer Base 4wd? We live in CO so very steep up/down grades. I just bought a Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller for the trailer brakes. Thanks in advance.
Back