Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

93 Explorer, 20+ flushes in a 2 year old cooling system, coolant still brown

I'm disappointed. The suggestions I get are damage my system with CLR, damage my system with muriatic acid, test if my new water pump is new, and use vinegar, which is something I've tried before, I tried again last week, and it has repeatedly disappointed with lack of efficacy. I'm done with...
  2. M

When I drain, I pull the heater hose so I drain every drop out of that system, and get about two gallons. I have not tried the flush with the continuous feed from the hose but I have not done that because I don't trust my garden hose to stay in position, and that would make a real mess. I've...
  3. M

First vehicle, have some questions

My first car was a 93 Explorer. I've happily driven mine 16000 miles in the past three years. I haven't had the problems you've described with the doors and the ignition, but I would like to pass this on to you: Get a service manual. I use Chiltons primarily, but will use Haynes. These...
  4. M

I'm aghast at the prospect of needing to trash a perfectly good cooling system and re-rebuild after only two years of operation. I have had the pleasure of driving a 93 Explorer for two and a half years. The previous owner neglected the cooling system, so the coolant it had was rust soup. Two...
Back