Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1991 xlt 4.0 dies for attention

News Flash!!!!!!! EEC relay was intermittant.... Replaced and am having no problems so far... thanks for the help Robert
  2. T

Explorer has no spark, will not start

I just had the same experience with my 1991 Explorer Sport, and found the EEC Relay to be the culprut. (found under the under hood fuseblock, black on black relay) $11.99 at Advance auto... cheap fix as apposed to the ecm, and other parts... Later
  3. T

MrBoyle good question... I have had 2 times that it started right up, otherwise it takes an hour or 2 to finally start.
  4. T

ira hello, no there are no codes, no check engine light on (only after it dies). It acts like starving for fuel, After it dies, but has plenty of fuel pressure. And spark... (haven't checked for injector pulse yet, can't get the thing to die now, lol) Robert :confused:
  5. T

Hello again..... After putting in a eec relay 6 months ago, my ex decides it needs some more attention... So it dies (on right hand turns) and now sets a code 96, and a code 14. Ive checked the wiring to the pcm, and even replaced the negitive cable with a factory one. will run great for a few...
Back