Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Axle ?

The hubs and the differential are two entirely different things. And you don't have automatic locking hubs. That's how. REALLY then tell me what happens when i turn the switch inside my truck to 4hi 4 lo. I do believe that my hubs lock. THATS HOW.
  2. M

Axle ?

the problem is that i have a 4x4 w/auto locking hubs so how can i have open diffs. Thats impossible
  3. M

Axle ?

I have a 97 x awd 4x4. I looked on the driver door and found the code it says 46 but the is an open diff. How can this be possible if i have a 4x4 awd. Very confussed. :fire:
  4. M

Axle ?

Now I would guess about 1/8 inch. when i have time to take the brake caliper off to see if that is what's keeping the wheel from coming off all the way.
  5. M

Axle ?

Yes lug nuts are tight and no noise from the rear end. I should have mentioned that the first time.
  6. M

Axle ?

Yesterday i kicked my tire and heard a thunk. It sounds like the wheel was moving in and out. Today i jacked up the rear end and i can slightly move the wheels in and out on both sides. I don't know if this is normal on a 4x4.
  7. M

97x 4x4 lift

How much of a lift can the driveshaft take before i have to worry about it breaking. I've heard that 3" max suspension lift is all. With a 4" max overall with body lift and suspension. Is this true?
  8. M

Rims

Just wondering if the 2002 rims will fit my 98
  9. M

4X4 Low

Sorry i forgot to mention that yes it was on pavement. going about 10 mph. Thanks for the help
  10. M

4X4 Low

i have a problem with 4x4 low when i put truck into that mode it becomes very hard to steer and makes some grinding noise. i have never used this before is it supposed to do that ?
  11. M

Removing stock radio/head unit trim?

the 4 small holes need a tool so the radio just slides out really easy. I bought my din removel tool and dash kit from Walmart Good Luck
  12. M

Sirius Antenna and box

I mounted mine next to my reciever on the metal dash support inside. If you need the glovebox back some day. Goodluck
  13. M

Factory Amp.

I found the amp. Thanks for the help Now i having a hard time finding a bypass harness.
  14. M

Installing Serius

It's easy as hell. I just ran mine under the dash out through the kick panel to the outside up behind the door hinges then up under the weather stripping along the window till i was at the middle of the roof and mounted it .
  15. M

Factory Amp.

Does anyone know where the factory amp is so i can by pass it. So i can get sound from my speakers again. And yes i did something very stupid i cut the factory harness on the speakers.
  16. M

Front Drive Shaft

Can I take the front drive shaft of my X(awd) 4x4 without hurting anything. Computer stuff Etc.
  17. M

Need Help

When i hit a dip in the road or a bump it sounds like my front end is going to fall off. I hear metal squeeking when i hit the bumps or dip. I checked all the guards under the truck nothing loose. Any ideas of where to start looking first for the problem.
  18. M

Which Shocks Are Better ???

I'm looking at rancho or pro comp. Does anyone have these on their X.
  19. M

gear ratio

thanks
  20. M

gear ratio

Can someone tell me were the codes are on the axles. so i can find out what gear ratio i have in my 97 X 4x4 xlt control trac
  21. M

Wheel swap

i'm looking at the 5 spoke 04,05 wheels but there 17" rims not sure if they will fit
  22. M

Wheel swap

What year wheels will fit on my 97X.
  23. M

Auto Hubs

sorry i forgot to metion that i have control trac, so it does it when in auto not sure about 4h,4L I'll try and see what happens
  24. M

Auto Hubs

How do you know when the auto hubs are going bad ? Mine are making a clunking sound when i drive is that a sign of them going bad or is that normal.
  25. M

Installed Euro Tails Today...

I like them much better than stock :thumbsup:
Back