Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Will Newer 4.0 engine fit in a 2nd Gen?

Well now you opened a door of ideas for me 😂 For now i decided to just send everything to get rebuilt and run it stock But i will definitely keep thinkin about the Manual swap.
  2. G

So there isn't a possibility of me just gutting everything out from 97 and putting in a (lets say) 2010 sohc and its Automatic transmission? That blows 😂
  3. G

Gee, thats quite a Story, I find it interesting what you said about 97 being a 1 year only trans. Is it because of the actual physical dimensions of the transmission? Or because they try using the stock engine with a newer Transmission?
  4. G

Id agree with you in the beginning It would be better to just swap in a V8 instead And manual swapping would just complicate things more
  5. G

I appreciate everyone's Input. I Learned quite ALOT. Honestly, I though it was a plug and play, take out the old and put in the newer ecu, tranny, and engine and wire it together. I never never considered PATS, speedsenors and the all things that had to be swapped out. I think i will just...
  6. G

What about the transmission? Does it make sense to just take out my worn out engine + tranny and replace it with a "newer" one from a used Ranger?
  7. G

Hello everyone, I still have my 97 explorer sport thats been sitting for years. It has an RWD X code 4.0 ohv and a Automatic transmission with 169k miles. Haven't done anything yet it but i am pretty sure it needs a overhaul engine and tranny rebuild It has developed a rear main seal leak...
  8. G

Can 4.0 sohv k vin replace 97 ohv?

Thank you everyone for your honest and reliable feedback. I guess i have some thinking to do🙂
  9. G

Alrighty, i see, so what do you recommend for a newbie like me? Is it a Good project to start out? Or Do you recommend to just avoid it? Im just a kid looking for something to do. And i really dont want to junk the 97 :( family is forcing Me Get rid of it If it just sits any longer.
  10. G

running the sohc with the ohv computer will involve some rewiring right? Will the key system/ ignition/ anti theft become issues? Also, the 04 tranny won’t fit then? The tranny on the 97 isn’t the good in condition either I dont mind using 04 parts. The more the better. As for the fuel rail...
  11. G

Hey everyone, i have 2 explorers, 2004 explorer w/ sohc 4.0 with 80k original miles vin k 2wd and a 1997 explorer sport w/ 4.0 ohv 2wd. With 165k original miles. both start and run perfectly but have a couple of issues, the 97 has sat for years, rear main seal leak, lifters clatter, engine most...
  12. G

1997 sport steering problem

Yea but anything in specific?
  13. G

1997 sport steering problem

hey does anyone know why my 1997 explorer sport stalls when i turn the wheel from lock to lock (all the way left or all the way right) and also when i shift it from reverse to drive or park to drive. I could also be gently turning the wheel as i take off with out pressing the accelerator and the...
  14. G

97 explorer sport steering problems

hey does anyone know why my 1997 explorer sport stalls? when i turn the wheel from lock to lock (all the way left or all the way right) and also when i shift it from reverse to drive or park to drive. I could also be gently turning the wheel as i take off with out pressing the accelerator and...
Back