Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Xtreme Performance 4R55E

Greetings, does anybody have experience with the SP Precision Xtreme Performance 4R55E? My '95 Ex 4x4 needs a new trans and this one is much cheaper than the Motorcraft. It says it is built to take more power then stock. I assume it would be fine on my stock '95? If anybody knows anything about...
  2. B

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

I have a 1995 4x4 4.0 OHV with 324k on the stock motor and tranny. Trans is just starting to slip in reverse and not go into the next gear while in drive. Motor still runs like a top. no blow by, never burned oil, no major engine work. Grandparents bought it new in '95 and drove it forever, and...
  3. B

1995 Ford Explorer Lift kit 4"??

Thanks for that link. I believe that will work with some modification to the Torsion bar mount on the rear. I did some research and they start at '96 because the '95 has a welded Torsion bar mount not a bolted.
  4. B

I checked with Superlift first and they don't make a lift kit for the 2nd gens anymore.
  5. B

My goal is to like you said get the rocker and belly of the car up. I don't plan on having it off-road frequently so ground clearance isn't top priority. I am trying to get an overall 4 inch lift as frugally as possible as well as get bigger wheels and tires on it.
  6. B

Beware of the 3" Body Lift Kit!

What year is your explorer?
  7. B

I have a 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 and I'm looking for a 4 inch suspension lift kit? any ideas where I can find one? Or any other ideas about how to get a 4 inch lift out of the suspension? This is the look I'm going for. Or is there a lift kit for a Ford ranger that will be comparable...
Back