Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

fuel leak after trying to jump start

I know what you mean. I was leaving town on a business trip, I'd already had the car towed to the repair shop, I was stuck. I try not to think about the cost.
  2. J

It turns out the repair part cost $542. It was an assembly that included the 2 braided fuel lines, mounting bracket and fuel pressure regulator. Car is fine now. NOTE: Evidently the correct way to hook up jumper cables is to both battery terminals on the jumper car and on the jumpee car the...
  3. J

Cooling System Problem

I vote for another heater core. I had overheating problems in my 85 Bronco and after changing everything else I bypassed the heater core, problem solved. So I cut out the heater core housing inside the engine compartment, pulled out the heater core, inserted new one and repaired the heater core...
  4. J

Help Help Help!!!

Sounds like a fuse! In my 98 one fuse holder is accessible with the drivers door open, above the parking brake. If that doesn't work, I'd have to recommend taking the dash out again and figuring out how you messed up the hood opening cable :) You'll probably have to do that sooner or later anyway.
  5. J

Turns out the bolt I used for a ground holds the bracket for the supply and return fuel lines. I suspect now that the heat generated trying to jump my wife's car caused the leak. Thanks for the info!
  6. J

2002 Explorer stuck in park while turned on. Please help!

Are the front wheels pointed straight ahead when you shut down? If there is pressure on the steering wheel due to the wheels pointed to the side it could make the car hard to shift out of park...
  7. J

Newbie here, I screwed up the cable connections while trying to jump start my wife's Maxima. Now I have the fuel leak which I recall was the reason for a recall a few years back. I had the + cable on the battery terminal of the Explorer and the - cable on a bolt near the front left side of the...
Back