Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

I had mine worked on when the November 1st program began. Are you saying that they have now initiated a different repair than what was part of that program?
  2. 2

It's been about 10 days since I've gotten my 2017 Explorer back from the dealer for the "17N03 CARBON MONOXIDE CONCERNS" service. I have to say that I think it actually fixed the problem that I was having. I am no longer experiencing the symptoms that I was experiencing prior to the repairs...
  3. 2

I picked up my 2017 Explorer from the dealership yesterday after they finished what the the invoice calls "RECALL 17N03 CARBON MONOXIDE CONCERNS." When I got in the car I heard a new, strange cracking sound coming from the rear A/C vent. I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes and ran the...
  4. 2

I just dropped my 2017 Explorer off at the dealership this morning for the exhaust service. The workorder says the following: RECALL PERFORM OPEN RECALL 17N03 CARBON MONOXIDE CONCERNS Apparently they got the parts in early so they are going to work on my car today, one day before the...
  5. 2

My thoughts exactly. Any cheaper options that would do the job or is Sensorcon the best way to go?
  6. 2

I've been doing research and I hear that household CO detectors aren't very good for cars. I found another one that is a sticker style that is used for small aircraft. Does anyone have any recommendations based on a product they have used? There are lots of options on Amazon.
  7. 2

Last night after work I took my 2017 Explorer to the dealership and the service manager test drove the car. I didn't ride along. Not to my surprise, when he got back he told me he felt fine and he doesn't see any issues. He then popped my hood and told me that what could be happening is a...
  8. 2

I talked to the service manager. He is going to test drive my Explorer later this afternoon. I am not going to ride in the car with him because I know it is not safe. I'm sure you're right --- whenever he returns he will tell me that the Explorer is perfectly fine and he's never felt better.
  9. 2

After waiting for over a week, I just got a call back from the service manager Theodore Robins Ford in Costa Mesa, CA. My car is definitely impacted by the exhaust issue and I get a headache the second I turn the car on. In a voicemail I left last week, I had asked the service manager for a...
  10. 2

Just called the dealership. The guy told me they don't have the parts (a "flapper") in yet to do the repairs and they likely won't until November 1st. I told him that I am not comfortable driving the car from now until then and asked if I could have a rental car in the meantime. He put me on...
  11. 2

I think my car is impacted by the exhaust leak. I bought my 2017 Explorer about a year ago and just recently started feeling nauseous, bad headaches, fatigue, dizziness, and I've been coughing up brown mucous which is tied to inhaling air pollution or hazardous gases. I have been driving my...
  12. 2

Rust on exhaust of 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package

Sorry -- For some reason I am unable to upload the photos. Any advice? Thanks. Chris
  13. 2

Rust on exhaust of 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package

Hi, Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I bought my 2017 Explorer brand new about a year ago. The car is garaged both at home and at work. I live in Southern California so I don't have exposure to rain, snow, ice, etc. I typically walk to work so I have few miles on the car (about 7,500...
Back