Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

AAL Bolt question

Just received my Pro comp AAL kit from Summit, The question I have is, I already know that most people say to replace the bolts. My kit came with 4 bolts. 2 smaller diameter bolts, and two, what appears to be 3/8 bolts. My questions, is what is wrong with the 3/8 bolts that come with the kit?
  2. S

Driver side Power lock switch, will not lock but will unlock.

Ok, I have a 1999 Explorer Limited Edition. My problem is as follows. On the drivers side, you can unlock the doors with the switch on the door, the keypad on the outside, or the remote. But you can't lock it with the drivers switch, or remote. You can however lock it from the passenger...
  3. S

Newbie Q: Extreme lowering - how to do?

That Amp rack is awesome, and I love the matte black paint.
  4. S

Boss 308 - 20"

Looks good, what size tires?
  5. S

02 explorer LTD kenwood install

This is what I used to keep my steering wheel controls with my new alpine. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ox6Pziyk92P/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=127SWIX&g=118900&search=pac Pretty easy to use, all you do is hook 3 wires up.
  6. S

power antenna connection

here you go http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113753&highlight=power+antenna
  7. S

Sticking some 6 1/2s in front doors of 99

Thats funny, the link at the top of the forum says the audiophile systems have a 4inch mid with 1inch tweeter. Guess he is wrong.
  8. S

Yeah you need an adapter to properly stick a 5 1/4 in, I am just curious if I would need to wack any metal out. And a 99 limited has different speakers in the front then a regular explorer, I have the mach system, and it does not have the 5x7s in the front from what I understand. I could be...
  9. S

I have a 99 explorer Limited, and am thinking about picking up a 6 1/2 inch component set. Is there much work that would need to be done to get those in there? i.e cutting the door? Because I really don't want to wack this door up, if that's the case then I would rather stick with a 5 1/4...
  10. S

Resonant Engineering - Where to buy?

Yeah, I emailed there sales email address but have not heard anything yet. I am considering a pair of either the 12inch SX or x.. line.
  11. S

Resonant Engineering - Where to buy?

Ok, I have searched everywhere, where can I pick some of these subs up? :)
  12. S

Anyone familier with the Alpine CDA-9833?

heh yeah, I have my memphis 4 channel amp sitting in the back seat, guess I will order up some components this week. I can't handle crap, heh
  13. S

Yeah, I have been trying to tweak the built in EQ to get all the bass out of the factory speakers, but there is still some running through, I need to mess with it a little more and see where it leaves me.
  14. S

Ok, I have the decks amp pushing my stockers right now, and I can't get the bass out of them. Tried turning down all the EQ settings, but they are still getting bass, and distorting out at higher levels, anyone familier with this deck that can give me any help? I got my two 12inch audiobahn...
  15. S

Hello everyone

Well I have been posting for a few weeks since I got my new explorer, but haven't really taken time to introduce my self, so Hello, :) I picked up a 1999 Explorer Limited, Just rolled over 190k last week and running like a champ. My first love however is my Ranger, here are a few pics of...
  16. S

Kumho tires?

I run the kumho ecstas on my ranger, very nice tire with no probs. I am sure the stx is comparable.
  17. S

Wiring dvc 6ohm subs?

Ah ok, great, thank you for that info, I was not sure how low of a load I would get running just two. :)
  18. S

Wiring dvc 6ohm subs?

Anyone know the best way to wire up a pair of Dual voice coil 6 ohm subs? I am using a Memphis 1000d amp, but to get a 1 ohm load, I am pretty sure I would need 3 of the dvc 6 ohm subs, anyone know the best way to wire up 2 subs?
  19. S

Ok, looking for some 12s

Ok, I need to get me a pair of 12 inch subs. I will be running them with a Memphis 1000D amp, anyone out there reccommend anything? I want something that sounds good, but has a lot of punch. I have heard some people talk about RE subs? I have never heard of them, whats the scoop? I haven't...
  20. S

Head unit without built in amp, will it work with mach?

Was curious if an aftermarket head unit without an internal amplifier would work with the amps in my mach system? Was looking at maybe getting this unit. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DsDhPn81tB4/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=500cda7998&search=alpine%207998
  21. S

MPG isn't what it should be?! ideas?

Yeah I like to run 75 - 80, but since I got my new ex, I don't like pushing it hard, would rather take care of this with the miles and all. I am aiming to break the 500k mark. ;)
  22. S

MPG isn't what it should be?! ideas?

I have the 4.0 sohc in my 99 limited with messed up 255 70 16 michelins, im in need of a front end alignment and tune up, and i am about to break 189k miles, and I get about 22 mpg at 65 mph on the highway.
  23. S

Here come the Dueler A/Ts

Well after hearing what a lot of you had to say about these tires (Thanks search function) I went ahead and ordered a set of 255 70 16s Bridgestone Dueler AT/s. Can't wait to get them, and replace my half bald michelins. ;)
  24. S

Anyone with Pics of Wood dash kit installed?

Yeah, that limited on eBay is identical to mine, Thanks for the pics.
  25. S

Anyone with Pics of Wood dash kit installed?

Been trying to find some pictures of a wood dash kit installed. There are a few kits on eBay but none show pictures of there kits on an actual explorer. Most interested in seeing it installed on the Center console. Thanks in advance.
Back