Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Aviator Grand Touring Reviews? Returned a Tesla Model X

I just returned a 2020 Tesla Model X Long Range Plus using their 7 day money back guaranty. I really wanted to love it and the tech was awesome, but 9 problems in the 7 days of ownership for a near $100k car was to much to swallow. I've been watching the Grand Touring since it was introduced...
  2. I

Aviator Grand Touring PHEV Federal Tax Credit Eligibility

My complaining just paid off :chug::chug: The Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars just updated an hour ago to show the Aviator PHEV is eligible for a $6,042 federal PHEV rebate.
  3. I

Aviator Grand Touring PHEV Federal Tax Credit Eligibility

Despite calls to multiple dealers and Lincoln concierge, I've been unable to confirm if the Aviator GT will be eligible for the IRS tax rebate. The car is not yet listed on Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars but if it were, I believe it would be worth at least $6,295 in...
  4. I

Aviator Grand Touring PHEV timing to dealers?

A few GR's and BLGR's popped up at dealers on CarGuru. I called a bunch and they were all pre-solds that came in the week of 1/7/2020. No word on further deliveries. I am a little concerned about the latest review that motor1.com did. They did an 800 mile drive recently and mentioned that...
  5. I

Aviator Grand Touring PHEV timing to dealers?

I know the rollout of the Aviator has been slow, but I've yet to find a dealer that can give me an idea of when the grand touring PHEV model will roll out to the lots. Anybody heard anything? Also, have you seen the Reserve Monochromatic option for the Navigator!? This would be awesome on the...
  6. I

New v3.0 Build Available

I ran my update successfully via USB. Any idea what it fixes?
  7. I

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

I noticed the "sirius updating" on my screen this AM in my '17 Platinum. It took a few minutes but ultimately returned normal. I haven't had any acquiring signal issues except when I'm in a tunnel or next to certain large structures.
  8. I

SYNC 3 latest version

Great news Sgt411! I’ll be interested to hear what improvements you find.
  9. I

SYNC 3 latest version

Try a master reset first....
  10. I

SYNC 3 latest version

I was previously an early adopter to the "unofficial" version 3 build number 17276 found on another forum. After attempting to update to the OFFICIAL version 3, I would get a message that I already had the current release. I then downgraded to version 2.2 and completed a master reset. Once...
  11. I

SYNC 3 latest version

Is version 3 build 17276 the OFFICIAL version 3 available for download from Ford now? If it is, then I guess I'll just stay where I'm at. If not, then perhaps I'll attempt a downgrade to 2.2 (if I can find a the software somewhere?) and then do the OFFICIAL version 3 upgrade as 15Limited suggests.
  12. I

SYNC 3 latest version

I was previously an early adopter to the version 3 build number 17276. I was finally able to download the "official" version 3 update from the Ford owner site on 3/18/2018. It would only install using the USB port in the center console. Once it processed, the screen revealed that I already...
  13. I

Waze will be available in 3.0!!!

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it but for all of the pre-2018 sync 3 users that don't currently have a cellular enabled (SMARTLINK) car, I would assume SMARTLINK would be required for the Waze connectivity so it can send and receive the data without the smartphone attached as the presser suggests.
  14. I

Waze will be available in 3.0!!!

Maybe this means they will finally launch the SMARTLINK service they announced at CES last year!
  15. I

SYNC 3 latest version

I've been using the 3.0 build 17276 update on my '17 Explorer Platinum for several months now. My only criticism is the occasional to frequent choppy bluetooth telephone calls with both my iphone 7plus and now iphone X. Has anyone DOWNGRADED to the "new" official version 2.3 successfully? If...
  16. I

Qi phone charger?

is anybody using a qi wireless charger in their explorer? I have a ‘17 platinum and await my iPhone X which has now caught up to the androids with this technology. I’d appreciate any ideas.
  17. I

SYNC 3 latest version

I installed v 3.0 on my '17 Platinum tonight. It seems to be working fine. I did a master reset which and the entire process took about 30 minutes. I like the heated steering wheel icon front and center. I haven't played around with much else though. Does anyone have a line to the feature...
  18. I

SYNC 3 latest version

Has anyone tried the 3.0 update on a '17 Platinum edition? I'm still running 2.0 and it seems clunky.
Back