Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

The 2.3l Ecoboost XLT is fast...

I took a driving trip, about 1500 miles. All highway driving and most of it over night. And a few times I had to "Slingshot engaged" around some trucks and slower traffic. And going from 65ish+ and just pinning it, man this thing accelerates fast. Not to incriminate myself, but this thing...
  2. V

Post Your White Explorers!

My 17 White Platinum XLT 4x4 202a.
  3. V

2017 XLT Front Proximity Sensor not Beeping

Try turning up the volume with the knob on the radio when they are showing they should be beeping.
  4. V

Help - Intermittent tick from under body when fully warmed up.

I spoke to my dealer. The dealer says it may be the exhaust, and if so thats a normal sound. Its going in for the recall and this on Monday evening. I will update what they say. When he said exhaust, I think they mean the exhaust wiggling from the engine running, and its making noise. Im ok...
  5. V

Help - Intermittent tick from under body when fully warmed up.

So my 2017 is making this intermittent tick at idle, and i can really hear it when Im sitting in a drive through or something where the engine noise is echoed back up to the passenger compartment. I dont hear it in the car, but only with my window down. The ticking doesnt seem to be related to...
  6. V

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Heres the thing. You have an open air cabin. Unless you have the recirculate option enabled, you are going to get fresh air. The rear turbulence that the roof spoiler and the rear bumper create, is going to force that exhaust under the truck and into where the air comes in. This is not new...
  7. V

Im not incorrect. The reason there are hundreds of pages about this all over the place is because the general public is completely unaware of it. And people start talking and rumors spread like wildfire on the internet in forums like this. People are running around scared they are smelling...
  8. V

This thread literally makes me shake my head. I'm saddened that dealers are doing anything about this, and that they are not aware as to why this happens. This is not specific to these explorers. This is a general condition that most modern vehicles have. I have posted this before, but the...
  9. V

Looking to buy a 2017 Explorer

You do understand that the exhaust fumes are still there right. Nothing has changed except they sealed up some parts of the under body. And as I said before, the fumes you are smelling are not carbon monoxide. You are smelling the cats burning off unburnt gas. This is not an abnormal event...
  10. V

New here - Just bought matching Explorer to my wife's...

I just got the front windows tinted 18% to match the rest of the truck. It looks awesome. Love this thing. Bring on the midwest snow.
  11. V

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Co is oderless. The rotten egg smell is completely unrelated to this. Do a minute of research man.
  12. V

SYNC 3 latest version

I tried this to fix the wifi popups and it seems to have worked. "WIFI popup fix *You must have a WIFI network to connect to. I used my phone as a hotspot. When WIFI window pops up: 1 Enable the hotspot on your phone (or be able to connect to a trusted wifi) 2 Touch view networks on screen 3...
  13. V

SYNC 3 latest version

So I had no problem updating from 2.2 to 3 the newest version from that mustang forum link. But sadly I have the wifi popup everytime I start the truck. I had a 2017 mustang GT and I updated to the 3.0 version and it did the same thing. I though the latest build was supposed to fix this?? No...
  14. V

Looking to buy a 2017 Explorer

The rotten egg smell is the Cat over temp protection in the cars fueling table kicking in. Thats normal. The idea is that under heavy load/high RPMS, the car will run the air/fuel mixture very rich to throw excess fuel at the catalytic converter(s) to keep them cool and from burning up with...
  15. V

Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers

Are there any tuning options for the standard 3.5V6?? I know Livernois makes tunes for the big ecoboost. Thanks.
  16. V

Are there any tuning options for 2.3l Ecoboost

Are there any tuning options for 2.3l Ecoboost Anything on the market to help the HP of the other engines? I know Livernois makes tunes for the big ecoboost. Thanks.
  17. V

New here - Just bought matching Explorer to my wife's...

Hi everyone. Late last year we got a 2017 Explorer XLT ecoboost for my wife. She and I have LOVED it so much that yesterday I bought my own. I got a 2017 XLT model but mine as the 202a package and the Sport appearance package. Its MEAN looking. See below for the pics. Me and my son do dirt...
Back