Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2 door rust repair panels

I'm unable to travel for parts. Is there any way to make arrangements to get both right n left quarters for my 01 sport?
  2. C

2001 explorer sport...doors detent/stay worn out

Has anyone else had their door detent/retention wheels fail or wear out? Both driver n passenger doors on mine have completely failed. I'm not sure what I do to fix this. None of the local parts stores even carry parts for this. Help???
  3. C

01 Explorer Sport with flat spings

Kwl beans. A few other little things that I need to do this weekend.... going to start looking for the springs. Also need to check on the tensioners.... I've got 155k on the engine, and they have never been changed. Thanks again.
  4. C

So, I've put air shocks to lift the back up for now. If, I'm understanding all of you guys, I can put 4 door explorer springs in place of the stock 2 door ones.... I'll need new rear shackles for sure.... there won't be any positioning issues?
  5. C

Hi all, I'm new here, and my explorer sport is new to me (been driving my ranger for 21 years). The problem I'm facing right now is the leaf springs appear flat and the back end sits low. I've never seen leaf springs do this. Putting in stock springs seems like an invitation for a mushy...
  6. C

Just updated the intake seals on my 01 Sport 4.0. Now looking for ideas on what to do about my...

Just updated the intake seals on my 01 Sport 4.0. Now looking for ideas on what to do about my flat leaf springs
Back