Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Explorer2.0

-Deathrow Update Log-

I never knew wheel spacers came that wide! :)
  2. Explorer2.0

Surprising "Excessive" *FRONT* Tire Wear - Evenly Worn, Just Losing Tread Fast..?

Lite Truck vs Passenger. It's an "LT" tire. They generally need 10 - 12 psi more than "P" tires. We run 42 on our BFG KO2 235/75/15's.
  3. Explorer2.0

What’s this part?

I believe it's the ambient temperature sending unit for the overhead display counsel with the compass. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/outside-air-temperature-sensor.214008/
  4. Explorer2.0

2nd Gen Winter photo contest

Our '95, XLT
  5. Explorer2.0

Somebody Name This Part, Please

23 inches, 4 holes. Front doors.
  6. Explorer2.0

Hood latch- hood does not pop up

I've kept it clean ever since!
  7. Explorer2.0

Hood latch- hood does not pop up

I had these pics on my phone from when I had to open mine five or so years ago. I lowered the rubber on threaded-rod bump stops a tad to prevent it from being too tightly closed.
  8. Explorer2.0

Question

The rear window washer fluid reservoir?
  9. Explorer2.0

Project Vulture

Okie-dokie!
  10. Explorer2.0

Project Vulture

We battled the flashing 4WD lights on our '95 and created our own workaround solution. In the years since we haven't had the need to take it out of 2WD so who knows ir we lost 4WD? I THINK remembering that we could still hear the servo changing the transfer case. Find a spare relay and give it a...
  11. Explorer2.0

Project Hazey

Concerning the thumping sound, possibly the blend door... Our '95 does the same if temp fully clockwise. If we back off to roughly 3 o'clock position it's silent. Good luck! [Edited to 3 o'clock position from 9 o'clock.]
  12. Explorer2.0

Comment by 'Explorer2.0' in media 'TARDIS 03'

Thanks to all!
  13. Explorer2.0

-Deathrow Update Log-

Totally stock intake. We've been very happy running this dry filter during the pollen season then switching to the K&N for the rest...
  14. Explorer2.0

Needs a name!

Cecil (the Sea-Sick Sea Serpent)
  15. Explorer2.0

Identifying the gen of my exploder (seriously)

We've had similar issues with our '95.
  16. Explorer2.0

Rapid clicking at startup

Maybe try a Heater Hose Connector of some sort?
  17. Explorer2.0

Big White - Time to install the supercharger. Question about Boost Gauge placement

We went simple. Didn't bother hooking up the light, either. Only problem is it blocks the left signal indicator.
  18. Explorer2.0

No left turn signal or hazard light

We had a similar issue with our '95. The hazard button on the column was the cause. We sprayed Deoxit in the opening while working the button up and down. The cleaner eventually worked it's way into the switch and resolved the issue. We don't remember if we were able to pull off the cap on the...
  19. Explorer2.0

Driving with a coolant leak from the timing cover

If the highlighted area is what's causing concern, I believe that is there to prevent a socket from contacting the rim during tightening/loosening of the lug-nuts. The contact point of the lug-nut to wheel occurs in the recessed area which is cone-shaped. IIRC
  20. Explorer2.0

Driving with a coolant leak from the timing cover

Our '95 4 Door Explorer XLT wheels that came on the truck from the factory.
  21. Explorer2.0

Angry New Yorker gets his 2nd Gen stuck in snow.

Yet another reason why the East and West coasts need to fall into the ocean.
  22. Explorer2.0

Leather Repair

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5574912417&icep_item=111367247863 Our seat isn't nearly as bad as yours. We put on one of these, mostly as preventive measures. We tried the pad styles but they never seemed to stay in place. We ordered Tan for...
Back