Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

00 OHV Galloping like a 3 legged drunk

I had a similar problem a few years ago and it was the fuel pressure regulator. Which was like a $50 fix and pretty easy.
  2. 9

'91 A/C reinstall ??? Can you look under your hood for me?

Here's an overall view of what I'm looking at. The red is the line that Rick showed in his pic, the one I seem to be missing. What I need to know is where the connections are for it as this vehicle had A/C prior and I know I didn't cut the loom out but must have just disconnected it. The dark...
  3. 9

Still trying to perform some automotive archeology for this project, and it looks like I'm missing the chunk out of my wiring loom that connects to the compressor and to the accumulator (the piece you're holding here). I have 3 connectors over on the passenger side that don't go to anything...
  4. 9

Brake and hazard lights

I had a similar problem but mine turned out to be a short in the headlight switch, the headlights worked fine but no other lights. Probably not common, but something to take a look at if all else fails.
  5. 9

Since I'm replacing everything for the A/C system, how can I make sure I order all new compatible stuff? The only thing I bought that references years is the A/C Receiver Drier / Accumulator which is (From 03/1991), but nothing else says anything about a need for compatible years.
  6. 9

Thanks Rick, That looks like a pretty big wire loom that heads to the passenger side firewall area, hard wired into the loom or are there connectors there. I have a couple of connectors hanging out on that left side, but no big wire loom so I'm wondering if I'm doomed.
  7. 9

Hey guys, I'm working at reinstalling my A/C system after I ripped it all out about 6 years ago (long story), and I think I have all of the parts I need, BUT I can't find the A/C Compressor connector. Odds are I pushed it out of the way or zip-tied it to another connector to keep it from getting...
  8. 9

HELP! Rear differential spider gear's fell out

Thanks for the info Massacre, I fiddled with it for quite awhile before I finally came to a solution which I'll write out here incase anyone else has this happen to them. The two side gears wouldn't rotate with the S-spring in place so I carefully knocked the spring out with a brass punch and...
  9. 9

HELP! Rear differential spider gear's fell out

Mid-job on my rear axle shaft replacement on my 91X and the spider gears fell out. I was using my impact to try to pull the new wheel studs through the newly installed axle and it looks like the S-spring shifted a bit and the spider gears slipped out. I have the spacers and know which one was on...
  10. 9

Wanted: Blower Housing

Thanks for the hint! I just sent a message
  11. 9

Wanted: Blower Housing

About 6 years ago I ripped out my old non-functioning AC system that had been sitting empty for 15 years and swapped in a couple of ranger parts to make it heat only. At the time I lived in a cold wet place and never envisioned needing AC. Fast-forward to the present and I find myself living in...
  12. 9

Where to find Parts

Welcome LMC Truck and Rock Auto are pretty good starting points for stock body parts
  13. 9

Which aftermarket companies still make/sell parts for 1gens?

LMC Truck is pretty great, with some excellent parts break down diagrams. Rock auto is always decent 1A auto has supplied me with a few hard to find parts JCWhitney then any of your stores that sell aftermarket stuff you can find some things
  14. 9

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

What do you mean when you say you "cut & turned beams"?
  15. 9

1992 explorer noise / rubbing sound while turning

Any chance you have e-brake rub?
  16. 9

Need Exhaust Flange From Old Cat Pipe

I'm looking at doing a similar job to my 91, and was wondering what you found out during the rest of your build. Any pictures of the finished product? How does it run/sound?
  17. 9

91 Vibration problems

The plan was to replace brake pads, rotors, wheel bearings, brake lines, and upper and lower ball joints. I recently replaced tie rod ends when I put in the suspension lift as well as adding a steering stabilizer and a beefed up sway bar, but I'm having problems with the sway bar and plan to...
  18. 9

91 Vibration problems

Long beach, and thanks, I will have to try that wheel trick. I hadn't thought of that
  19. 9

91 Vibration problems

Southwest Coastal Washington, by the river. Maybe there is some pry trick I don't know without messing up the shaft seal, cause I pryed it quite a bit too.
  20. 9

91 Vibration problems

I'm talking about the outer bit that's held on by those 5 nuts, the Haynes says some persuasion with a rubber mallet will set it free, but I beat it on and off for 3 hours in all directions and got nowhere with it
  21. 9

91 Vibration problems

Tearing apart the front end and I found my culprit, a bad wheel bearing. I was doing everything back to the ball joints. But I couldn't manage to get the passenger spindle axle out, I got stuck at the step where you knock it around with a hammer. While the driver's side came out alright, I gave...
  22. 9

91 Vibration problems

Thank you so much for replying, I've been running out of ideas. I would say that it's a little worse under coast vs. under power, but to be honest that could be just me noticing it because the engine has quieted. When you refer to proper phase do you mean putting it back in with the alignment...
  23. 9

Rustbucket to Blue Beast Conversion

I finally decided to update the look of my old Rustbucket 91 Explorer. I started by stripping the bumpers, grill, roof rack, lights, and trim pieces. Followed by pressure washing it, then using 80 grit followed by 160 I sanded all of the rust down to bare metal and removed the trim sticker...
  24. 9

91 Vibration problems

The Blue Beast, formerly the rust bucket, has a new vibration problem. 91 Explorer 4.0 4WD The problem: At any speed above 25ish I get a nice "VVVVUUURRRTTTT VVVVUUURRRTTT" vibration that I can both hear and feel. It goes in time with the vehicle speed, increasing almost to a steady humm at...
Back