Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

trailer plug ripped off..need color code

Hmm..maybe? Odd that the rest worked with my test light..but not the one. Who knows. I will check them when I make stops. Did I mention electrical issues drive me nuts? :confused:
  2. B

Well guys.....im perplexed now. I was going to "redneck" a wire direct tonight to keep from getting a ticket tomorrow. I hooked the trailer up and everything mysteriously works now. I will check it in the morning before I leave..but there has to be a short somewhere. I hope it does not go...
  3. B

Thanks guys. I will print this and try to find this issue. This is why I strongly dislike electrical in modern vehicles. I may end up just running a wire for now...just like the old days. :thumbsup: I can rebuild an automatic transmission..but electrical..im lost. (although the last few...
  4. B

That is the black box under the hood right in front of the driver? Thank you all so very much for your patience with me. This is driving me nuts...all this because a connector was hanging out and got ripped off. :( I have it zip tied up under there now. Too late for this time. I sure...
  5. B

Ok...just an update. the 15 amp fuse (#30) on mine is fine. I even tried a brand new fuse just to be sure. No voltage to the "running lights"..tail lights..whatever ford calls them on the 4 wire plug. All my lights on the vehicle itself work perfectly. According to what streetrod...
  6. B

I just printed that. Wow..complicated. I will check stuff and get back with you. Thanks.
  7. B

Thanks. I am aware of alldata. I used to know a guy who had it in his repair shop. Up until now..I have never had any issues with my 2001 explorer (I rolled when I fell asleep in 09) or my 2000 mercury I replaced it with. If that fuse is out (according to your chart)..the brakes\turn...
  8. B

Thank you. What a day. First no "voltage" for the left blinker at the plug in behind the light. Fixed that. Everything was good. Soldered the new end on. All was well. Hooked up the trailer. All was well. Replaced a busted light on the left side of the trailer. Wired (soldered) the new one...
  9. B

Thank you. Yes in theory I can see the wires. It was dark and I was trying to get the trailer home without getting hit. I have a 12 volt test light. Thank you. I presume the left and right turn signals are also the brake lights? I do apologize for the weird questions. Vehicle...
  10. B

Hi all, I have a bit of a problem. My 4 pin plug for my trailer wiring has been ripped off the wires. Can anyone tell me (or link me to) the color codes for what wire is what? I have searched the forum with no luck. I need to fix this tomorrow so I can use my trailer. Online all I...
  11. B

Towing mirrors?

Let me know if you find them. I am not in any rush. :thumbsup: I am working on electrical and other stuff at the house for the travel trailer right now. New battery box, battery shut off switch, and battery tender are ordered. I will be putting in a 30 amp exterior box too once I get a full...
  12. B

Towing mirrors?

Hello all, Does anyone use towing mirrors our our 2ng gens? If so, what are you using (brand model)? Are the temporary or do you have them mounted full time? Pics would be appreciated if you have them. My mountaineer has power mirrors and I do not want to have to replace them with...
  13. B

Pics wanted: Trailer brake controller mounted

Thanks. That seems to be where most of them are in other vehicles as well. Hmm....
  14. B

That is yours...I linked to your photo. :) I typed your login name incorrectly in the post. Sorry. I am concerned about that as well. I am not a small guy at all. ;)
  15. B

I found one that Mountaingreen posted. Thats all I can find.
  16. B

Hello all, I purchased a small travel trailer recently. I towed it home with my dads truck. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382474 I am getting ready to order the trailer brake controller, 7 pin connector, trans cooler, external trans filter, and trans temp guage...
  17. B

Tow ratings 2000 mountaineer?

Well guys..I dropped the hammer. I am making him fix a few things and will pick it up next weekend using dads truck. :)
  18. B

I will look into sway control. I will not be towing this far very often. I live between two beautiful lakes with campgrounds literally everywhere. I'm 15 minutes from one (not towing a trailer) and maybe 25 from the other. I have E-mailed back and forth with this gentleman several times. I...
  19. B

Hi again guys. I have found one (been looking for weeks to learn price ranges) that I am interested in..and can afford (haha). I do not have the weight of it yet (the guy will go look in the daylight tomorrow). I can use dads F-150, but hate to borrow. :confused: 1996 Coachman Catalina...
  20. B

Thank you gentleman. I will definitely play it safe. I have not really towed much with the explorer and nothing with the mountaineer. I towed my 56 home on a dolly. That was a 14 hour drive across country..but a dolly is easy. I love the pics. I cannot believe a popup weights that...
  21. B

Thank you. It must not be the factory tow package. It is definitely not a limited slip (yet). It has a ford marked 2" receiver hitch and it looks like factory wiring plugged in for the 4 pin connector. Oh well. I was not planning on even going that heavy...but that is a great guideline...
  22. B

Hello all, I have not been around this forum in a very long time. I rolled my 01 explorer (flipped once in the air and 3 times on the ground) in 09. I have a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. 4 door, 4.0 SOHC, 5 speed auto, 4X4. I am not sure what gears it has. I know its open differential. I...
  23. B

16" stock wheel width and backspacing

Hello again everyone, I have not been on here in a long time. I rolled my 2001 explorer in 09. I saved the rear axle (4.10 trac lock) and front end. I have a 2000 mountaineer I am going to swap it all over to now. The original 16" wheels that were on the explorer did not survive...
  24. B

4.0 SOHC how to hook onto it to pull?

Hello all. I have not been around here in a long time. I ran a quick search, but didn't find what I am looking for. The site has changed so much. Maybe its just me that can't find anything. :p: We are pulling the 4.0 SOHC and 5R55E out of my old 2001 explorer (totaled). How do we hook to the...
  25. B

a old member...re-introduction?

I remember us talking about it. I just could not remember details or anything. Mine was going to be a hotrod....was... I went to the 2006 F-100 Supernationals in Knoxville, TN. Out of 1,600 trucks registered (F-1 and F-100s)...there were 4 Y-blocks. Mine runs great, so I am keeping it...
Back