Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Black Emblems

Where can I find all black emblems for my hatch??
  2. M

battery light on acceleration. Solved finally

Awesome man! Crazy how little things mess up so much and give the biggest headaches.
  3. M

battery light on acceleration. Solved finally

Check your grounds. I had the same problem with my bronco a few years back and one actually caught on fire. You don’t want that obviously. what my outcome was is that I had a bad ground to the frame. Went through 4 alternators and that 4th caught fire.
  4. M

Transmission shifts late when cold and often shifts down on freeway

So wondering what’s going on with my trans if I’m almost at the point of a rebuild. It shifts fine when completely warm for a while but when only a little warm takes forever to shift to another gear from 3rd on. Also any time on the freeway it shifts down a lot! What’s this sound like to you...
  5. M

Alarm, and horn

So when I lock the truck the lights flash on the second time with the fob like they’re supposed to but the horn don’t chirp it does work when I press the horn and my alarm will randomly go off at night lights flashing and no horn. Anyone know about this?
  6. M

No heat when stationary at idle

When I’m driving it blows out hot when sitting at a light or sitting in the driveway it’s a lot cooler. Coolant and thermostat have been changed any ideas?
  7. M

Trying to figure out what this hose is for. Video to show

Yes where it goes because yes there’s two coming out of that thing and one was resting on top of the steering shaft and rubbed a hole in it seen it runs behind the motor. No codes
  8. M

Trying to figure out what this hose is for. Video to show

Just noticed the other day that this was resting on my steering shaft and put a hole in it I can’t find where it goes behind the motor. Help please.
  9. M

2003 fender flares

I would like to get rid of the xlt flares and side panels on my door what are the ones where it just has flares on the wheel well
  10. M

2003 fender flares

Does anyone know where I can get stock black fender flares for my xlt
  11. M

Tick noise when I brake

Guess it’s because they’re slotted and drilled rotors
  12. M

Right side speakers quit working

I took the head unit out checked the wires again everything was fine took the door panel and speakers back out and the window rolling up and down loosened the wires so I zip tied them to the speaker it all works again thankfully
  13. M

Right side speakers quit working

The other day I replaced all speakers, subwoofer, and head unit everything was working fine now my right side speakers won’t work. The subwoofer still does too. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
  14. M

Tick noise when I brake

It sounds like the brakes I do t know what else would make that sound when it only happens when I apply the brakes
  15. M

Tick noise when I brake

I just put new calipers, rotors, and pads on my 03 bled the brakes. Now when I go to stop it’s making little tick noise when I release brake it stops. Need help!!
  16. M

Completely removing the rear panel appliqué and not putting it back on

Well I like my vehicle not to look like anyone else’s same and boring. Anything but stock! Mines in amazing condition and I got rid of the rear panel and the rubber behind it today. It looks badass they should have came like that instead of the dumb panel.
  17. M

Gas gauge

Trying to figure out what is going on with the gas gauge. The other day after a fill up sometimes the check gauge light comes on and completely says no fuel then sometimes it’ll go back to normal. Anyone had this problem?
  18. M

Completely removing the rear panel appliqué and not putting it back on

Has anyone completely removed it all the stuff from the window. And not put a replacement back on? I think that’s what I’m going to do sense my truck is black and so is the window and don’t want to waste 125 to have another crack. If you have can you please post pictures or if anyone has...
  19. M

Turn signal problems

it’s the whole assembly not just bulb
  20. M

Turn signal problems

I have an 03 explorer and installed led tail lights they worked fine for the longest time but now the right turn signal when I turn it on goes super fast like a bulb is out but all the lights work the left will do it from time to time too. Does anyone know what this could be?
  21. M

1” wheel spacers

Do I have to cut the stock Wheel studs or is 1” of the spacer enough to clear?
  22. M

ABS light frustration

Did you ever figure out the problem cause everything you’ve replaced I have as well. Front hubs with sensors, rear abs/speed sensor, and light comes on when taking off too it’s annoying as hell!!
  23. M

Factory subwoofer

what kind do you recommend?
  24. M

22” rims. Question is the tires

you think I’m gonna go through them fast? Just from the bigger tires why?
Back