Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Multiple suspension noises

Good point, Peter - and I do not know the answer to that. I wonder if they would take back this lease, and I could find my way into an aviator.
  2. R

Yes - I wonder if it has something to do with not utilizing adequately upsized mounts to support the heavier engine. This may put undue stress on the mounts causing creaks and clunks that we are now having to deal with. Seems like a way to use standardized parts and cut a few costs from a supply...
  3. R

Very frustrating indeed. At least mine is a lease so I have a little over two years. Darn shame because the truck, otherwise, is fantastic. It will be interesting to see if this issue is present in the 2021 models? If not, what changed? Will that shine light on the issue?
  4. R

Thanks Steve - interestingly, I just received a call from the service department at my dealer. He has told me that engineering tells him, that the noise is perfectly normal and that it has something to do with an engine mount. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore, but hopefully, I can...
  5. R

Hello all - relatively new ST owner here and hearing the "clunk" in the front end. I hear mine even when going super slow over small or medium bumps. Interestingly, I do not hear it over larger bumps. Has anyone received any updates on the potential cause of this sound? Vehicle is currently at...
  6. R

Something loose in back of explorer?

It honestly did sound like it could be metal rattling around, so perhaps the seat mounting bolts...they would be at the bottom of the seat where it makes contact with the body I assume. Thanks again
  7. R

Yes, certainly should think about doing that. I will see if it persists over the next few days and then make an appt if it keeps up and I can continue to replicate
  8. R

Thanks Peter - I suppose I will concentrate more on that area. I'll have to try and see if I can isolate it and then potentially bring it into the dealership
  9. R

Hey all, Still relatively new to this forum so I appreciate any help that can be provided. I did a search for this, but it's difficult to find much on it. Obviously, a rattle sounds different to everyone so this may be a bit difficult to describe. I have a 2017 Explorer Sport with about 3k...
  10. R

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Thanks Peter - Yeah, the Sport certainly has some large/wide tires - but it certainly is fun to drive!
  11. R

Thanks Peter - not sure if I have talked myself into it, but I think that's what it may be. Unfortunately, I don't want to put new tires on it, especially because it's a lease. I guess we will just have to live with it!
  12. R

Thanks Peter! I should have mentioned this, but I live literally a quarter of a mile off the highway. I am not in the car for longer than 2 minutes before accelerating to highway speed. I suppose this would lend itself to being flat spotting? All signs seem to point to it because the vehicle...
  13. R

Hello all, first post here but have already found this forum to be extremely helpful. Recently picked up a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport on a 39 month lease. I love the truck - it's fun to drive, quick as hell and sounds nice when you step on it. One issue I have been experiencing is the...
Back