Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Floor heat?

This is interesting. Because yes, if I don't turn the rear on, it takes forever for it to warm things up using the front floor heat only. Turn the rear on to get things warmed up, and then the front doesn't have any issue. It sounds like what I am experiencing is normal.
  2. K

Floor heat?

Sooooo,,,,,, maybe what I am experiencing is normal? I mean,,,, there might be enough air flow to move a feather, but not much else down there. And yes, auto mode is pretty sad compared to others I have owned. Pretty much gotta crank it up manually, then auto to maintain. Is that the way...
  3. K

Floor heat?

Thank you, and yes it looks like the mode actuator is the one that is only partially working. Odd that most fail in one position or the other, but mine will do defrost or dash vents, just doesn't go to the floor. Any way to confirm if all actuators are the same? I've seen it mentioned they...
  4. K

Floor heat?

Thank you. Based on this, C236 actuator (the hard to get to one) may not be fully moving. Does this sound normal that it would go to defrost and front vents, but not the floor? Fan is still running on high, but very little (if any) air is coming out at the floor. I thought most just...
  5. K

Floor heat?

There is a known issue with the actuators on these, and no, i have not swapped mine, but i'm not convinced that is the issue. I get defrost or front vent heat, but when I switch to floor, it switches, but there is little/no air flowing out. Nothing coming out the dash, nothing in the defrost...
  6. K

A/C clutch

Yep, searched and searched and all other models are $40ish. I ended up buying the whole clutch assembly from Rockauto for around $170. Complete clutch and pulley. There was a slight difference in the actual clutch diameter and it looked like an updated design. Took about an hour to swap out...
  7. K

A/C clutch

Thank you! That is a pricey sucker since most are around $40, but it's still cheaper than replacing the entire compressor.
  8. K

Air Conditioning Died--Suggestions?

Check your compressor clutch, mine just quit. Basically melted the rubber on the clutch itself, and so far I haven't found a replacement without buying the entire compressor.
  9. K

A/C clutch

2011 Limited 4x4 Has anyone been able to replace the A/C clutch without replacing the entire compressor like Ford wants you to do? I can't seem to find just a clutch without the whole compressor for $400...
  10. K

towing package myths ??

Ahh yes, I was looking at the bezel piece. I would still think the whole fascia would be the same if the bezel is the same, but that's just a guess.
  11. K

towing package myths ??

Per your link in your previous message, that kit fits both 16 and 17 and has that fascia in it. I would assume it would be the same on both of those years.
  12. K

towing package myths ??

Found this, it provides some good info on the 6F55: www.greencarcongress.com/2009/02/ford-beefs-up-t.html
Back