Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

5r55s - If front pump goes out, is trans garbage now??

I ended up putting in a fresh built transmission and the torque converter ended up not being set right and now the front pump went out and lost all pressure. Is it possible to just change the front pump and get lucky that it did not damage anything else?? I know enough to get me in trouble...
  2. J

Installed 5r55s week later not shifting right 2008 4.0 2wd Explorer

Thank you very much! I will try those things, had it scanned and that shows possible wiring harness issue and it does look rough. If changing that out does not work I am gonna try these two things. That one link about adjusting the shifter I should of seen that, guess I stopped looking there...
  3. J

Is it possible I stretched the shift cable when installed it? Because since it would not go into park and then just all the sudden did, plus it would shift very other gear pretty much. I hooked the cable to the shift lever where it looked like it fit (could of been wrong). I feel like that...
  4. J

No warranty, I bought it from a guy that crashed his explorer and had just paid $2,600 for a complete rebuild 3 months ago, everything checked out.
  5. J

We put it in and I was asking if he got the torque converter to seat right and he said yeah yeah yeah... It seemed to bolt together fine, but is that a possible issue?? I am at a loss. This is my first time installing an electronic style transmission. I like old cars and race cars, I am feeling...
  6. J

When me and brother in law installed the rebuilt transmission it would not go in park, then 4 days later it just started going in park on it's own (without me doing anything). Those few days it acted like it could probably use maybe another quart of fluid, I could see it try to barely slip on...
  7. J

XLT will drive in 2nd, no reverse or drive

When I shif from park to drive or reverse neither work. But if I put it in 2nd it will go 99% of the time. I can even drive in 2nd and get it to 4,000 rpm shift to drive and it will kick into drive until I come to a stop and try to take off again. Any help? I'm getting all kinds of answers from...
Back