Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Radio/speaker issue

Are there only 4 speakers in the sport? Do you know what sizes they are? Thanks.
  2. R

Radio/speaker issue

Hey guys so I have an 01 sport and the rear speakers sound blown out, which I’m sure will be an easy replacement but what concerns me is that my passenger front speaker is so much louder than my driver side. If I fade the radio to the driver side I can barely hear it with the volume all the way...
  3. R

Pulley squeak

Good to know, thanks.
  4. R

Pulley squeak

I finally got around to checking out my pulleys and I replaced the idler, tensioner and belt for a total of $75 but squeaking is gone. Thanks for your help everyone.
  5. R

Pulley squeak

Thanks guys! My alternator looks newer but sounds like it’s probably the tensioner which I hope since that should’ve be too expensive or hard to do
  6. R

Pulley squeak

Thanks guys
  7. R

Pulley squeak

I was thinking it could be the tensioner. Was it easy to replace?
  8. R

Pulley squeak

Ok thanks for your help
  9. R

Pulley squeak

Thanks I’ll start with that. Is there any way of narrowing down which pulley might be the bad one if it is one of them? I was thinking water pump.. the squeak is def louder or faster when accelerating
  10. R

Pulley squeak

hey guys I have a 2001 sport 4.0 and I have a loud squeak coming from what seems to be a belt driven component. I’m hoping it is something I can fix but I can’t seem to figure out what is causing it. I took a video last night but it won’t let me upload it on my phone, I’ll try on my iPad when I...
  11. R

Flip up glass gas shocks

Yes the WGS-148
  12. R

Flip up glass gas shocks

Thanks I ordered the ones they discussed in that thread
  13. R

Flip up glass gas shocks

Does anyone know if the hood struts are the same on a 2001 explorer sport as they would be on a sport trac? I found them on eBay for $12 but it doesn’t list the sport as fitment. Thanks
  14. R

rear windshield wiper replacement help

Thanks I’ll have to try cleaning it and see if it moves to actually touch the window.
  15. R

2001 Explorer Sport maintenance

Yeah I’ll start with trans and oil change for now thanks
  16. R

Thanks for the info. This is really just a bad weather truck for me so it won’t get driven that much and I’ll be sure not to beat on it too much. It’s a good idea to change trans fluid without knowing any prior history and it being 17 years old? Flush radiator? Thanks
  17. R

Thanks I tried searching and this is the first thread I found
  18. R

Thanks for the info. I see a lot of high mileage explorers, is there a usual mileage this happens at? My sport has the 5 speed Auto, when does that usually crap out? Maybe I should’nt keep this explorer long.
  19. R

I have an 01 sport and my rear wiper doesn’t touch the window when it moves. Is the wrong size blade on there or does it need to be bent towards the window to work. I don’t wanna break it cus it actually works just doesn’t hit the window. Thanks
  20. R

Thanks I’ll probably change all fluids, filters, plugs and wires. The sport and sport trac only came with the 4L so I posted in here thinking they would have the most similarities, the front ends are identical. What happens with the timing chain, is there anything that can done to prevent a...
  21. R

Hi guys newbie here. I just bought a 2001 Explorer Sport with 92k miles for $1800. I don’t see a specific section for 01-03 sports so I’m posting in the sport trac section since I believe they are the most similar. This is my first Explorer and I’m looking for some advice. I don’t have any...
  22. R

I got it and just got done cleaning it and messing around with it. I had to put a new battery in it but seems to be running good. I do smell oil every once in a while. The oil looks clean but dip stick reads over the full line. I should prob drain and replace just to be safe.
  23. R

Yeah it seems to be ok. I replaced the blend door on a 97 town car a few years ago. Not a bad job just time consuming. I just want to make sure these explorers will hold up transmission/engine/4wd. It’s mainly only going to be used in bad weather for me.
  24. R

Yeah could be. I’ll wait til it gets warmer before I replace them. Are there any other things I should look for before buying this that could be expensive to repair? Thanks
  25. R

Hello! I live in the northeast and I'm about to purchase a 2001 Explorer sport tomorrow. This will be my first Explorer and first SUV. It has 92k miles for $1800. Only known problems are hood struts don't hold hood up, center console armrest is cracked and cruise control buttons are broke. Is...
Back