Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Key fob

I ordered a pack of keys on Amazon. Home Depot cut them for free, and since I had two keys i programmed them myself. For the remote do what @94Eddie said - many tutorials online. Good luck!
  2. R

Questions about possibly buying a 05 Mountaineer?

Welcome Jay! Generally if there is rust I would stay away from it, but I think it depends on the amount of rust. Exhaust manifolds don't always have to be replaced, they can be repaired with either a manifold putty or bandage. Chrisfix on Youtube has a great video showing this and how to find...
  3. R

Save money on oil?

I have had great luck with Motorcraft oil from Walmart. Great price and you know it is what Ford recommends. My 02 is leaking from the rear main as well, but about one quart every 5000 miles.
  4. R

Liftgate water leak

Mine was leaking in from the 3rd brake light. Good luck!
  5. R

2004 4.0 2WD Intermittent/Irregular Ticking Sound at Idle

I have the same thing, but it only does it when the car is idling in drive. I have no idea what it is!
  6. R

First car - 2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8

I agree with kydirtscooter, I would change all of the fluids in it: Oil, rear differential, transmission fluid and filter, and transfer case and front differential if applicable. I would also flush the power steering fluid and check the coolant and see if it needs flushing.
  7. R

New life to bumpers, fender flares, and door cladding

Cool idea! I have been looking for a way to restore the trim on my Explorer, but since it is grey and all trim restorers I have seen are for black trim it has been problematic. If you are looking to make your engine bay prettier after you clean it, treat it with black trim restorer and it looks...
  8. R

Windshield wiper recommendations

I still have the OEM Motorcraft ones on and they work like a charm.
  9. R

Door ajar light on

This video does a great job showing how to diagnose and fix a door ajar issue...
  10. R

Door Ajar Issue

That is strange. I know the radio and power windows will work until you open the door like @swshawaii said, but the door ajar light should have turned off when the key is turned and the doors are closed. The car responding to you opening the door and the radio turning off leads me to think that...
  11. R

Door Ajar Issue

So, the Door Ajar Light is still on after you fixed the wires?
  12. R

Battery light started flickering

It could be... A grounding issue Bad wire The alternator on its way out
  13. R

No sir coming thru vents

It could either be this: or this: I know your air is not stuck on defrost, but this video shows a broken part at around 1:35 which when repaired by drilling a small hole and ziptying the parts together as shown in the video fixed my little to no air issue. Good luck!
  14. R

2001 Ford Ranger No Air Blow thru Defrost

I tried this fix on my 2002 Ford Explorer, hopefully it might work for you It is that part that moves that the video shows at 1:33. Mine was not completely broken like the one in the video, but was on its way out which allowed the floor and dash vents to work, but it was not able to pull the...
Back