Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Can anyone identify this ticking? 2000 Ford Explorer V6 4x4 XLT SOHC

Thanks for the help, I picked up my explorer for a grand hoping to make it into a beater offroad rig and the ticking showed up now barely after a month of ownership. I'll strain the old oil and see if I can see anything. Barring a mechanic diagnostic, that's probably when I'll decide if she's...
  2. H

Hmm, it is possible and it is the area to which the sound is coming from. Note it did sound the same before I installed a new tensioner, so perhaps are the guides themselves are broken? I read the 99-00 explorers had inferior plastic used for the guides that were prone to breaking and was...
  3. H

It's a bit hard to pinpoint, I'd say driver side? Maybe middle engine leaning near the power steering pump area? I'm going to check the timing marks tommorow for any slack.
  4. H

Just changed the oil, added quart of mmo. New sparks and wires yesterday and a new left upper timing chain tensioner (thought this was the cause of the rattling, good swap anyhow as the previous owner installed the wrong tensioner it seems, flat instead of the tall one). My only guess is...
Back