Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2011 Explorer with leaking moon roof

i think this thread can be emerged with mine.... my new finding were that the foot carpet on the 3rd seat row was wet and the passenger seat carpet was also wet. the right hand drain was blocked which i cleared off today. the issue with the rear was fine cracks on the liftgate liner...
  2. S

Wet carpet Second Row

OK so it looks like I have found the problem. I sealed the hole but that did stop the water from coming in... Took out the whole carpet and looks like the water actually channel from the front to the rear.... I think the front passenger moonroof pipe is the problem.. But how can I reach it...
  3. S

Wet carpet Second Row

So this is the underneath shot which is right in the middle of the car. The one with the wiring is on the left side as I used it to bypass my amp wire and sealed it. No leaks there while the other hole was bare.. I stuffed it with some foam now to close it. The area wet is just surrounding that...
  4. S

Wet carpet Second Row

hi all, i just started to heavy rain here but life is normal.... today morning i smelt something damp inside the car. it happens that the second row left floor carpet was very wet. after removing the carpet, i can see there is a big hole in the body through and through... it is actually on...
  5. S

What is this tranny clunk ?

Hi, can anyone guide me where is the transmission mount located ? I am sure something is going on with my car but not sure if it’s tranny mount or the tranny itself.
  6. S

Yes that’s true peter. I think it’s because I haven’t been able to change the defected part and just going on changing parts which are not needed to be replaced... I am trying to sell the car but sadly no interest yet... till then I just have to fix my ride ...
  7. S

I checked the engine mount physically, it doesn’t show any leaks, I tried to check for engine movement but don’t find anything unusual, as for the transmission mount, I don’t see it jerk from N to D or N to R. Or any jerk on other gears except for this.. Is there any other way to check? Also...
  8. S

Hi all, So the auto tranny changes gear perfectly, but in one of those situations where the car thinks I am trying to pull the car and keeps it on 1st gear high Rev, I move my foot from the gas pedal and I can immediately hear a clunk along with a jerk like deaccelaration... anyone knows what...
  9. S

Ford explorer to keep or sell ...

Hi all, i desperately need help with these ticking noises and rattles... whenever i try to fix these issues, they settle for a few days and then come back again... most of the noise is inside the cabin, they don't seem to be coming from outside due to loose plastic pillars etc... some noises...
  10. S

5th gen captive Hazard Cable

hi guys, my DIY went terribly wrong.... basically the grille on my top speaker got rusted and i planned to get it painted... in the process i broke the top console frame... then while trying to separate that frame from the rest of the unit (the lower part is the Sony headunit) i...
  11. S

Rear A/C vent?

Hi all, my aircon vents were kind smelly so I popped up the front hood and sprayed Lysol in the air circulation vents. I can smell the lysol from the front vents but the rear vents still smell the same.. Hence the title Does anyone know the circulation vents for the rear? Thanks
  12. S

Rattling Noise from Pillar/Passenger Door??

sorry i tried it today, the noise is still there.... this mystery sound still continues...
  13. S

I think I have managed to solve this... The two channel on which the glass window moves inside the door were squeaking. I sprayed it with WD40 and that has sort of stopped the squeaking. However it is still there but not as loud as before.. I just sprayed it through the holes because It's...
  14. S

i have the exact same annoying sound which mostly sounds like its coming from the passanger side top aircon vent/tweeter door latch area.... Did you happen to find what was the source of that noise?
  15. S

could this be Symptoms of Bad engine or tranny mount?

Thanks for the replies, I tried to test it your way, the motor doesn't move at all... Are the pin of the front strut mount suppose to move when I turn the steering left to right? I just added a small video... Is this normal ? Thanks
  16. S

could this be Symptoms of Bad engine or tranny mount?

Hello guys, been trying to figure out this problem but i cannot seem to find what it is... so basically i have put brand new shocks lower control arm assembly stabiliser link rack and pinion complete i am still having two issues, 1) while braking or acc, i hear a single "tuk" sound...
  17. S

Bigger tires more or less air?

sorry for not being clear, the retailer had some stock issues with the Hankook tires, so i had to go for 265/50/20. i have tried 32 pressure, 35 and 37.. very slight difference between them.. However i did notice that the Max load on my tires are way less than the car itself.... the tires says...
  18. S

Bigger tires more or less air?

Hi all, My car recommends 35 pressure for all 4 tires which are 255/50/20. However due to stock problems, I went for 265/50/20. Shall I be putting the same 35 pressure?
  19. S

Ford explorer to keep or sell ...

hi guys, My explorer still going strong after the rack and pinion repair... in-between, i have done plenty of stuff to my car due to various creaking noises from the interior..... 1) noise from arm rest and glove compartment ( solved by adding pads between the closing) 2) Front creaking...
  20. S

Ford explorer Rack and Pinion

Hi all, Few months ago I was having problems with different errors codes and knocking sound which finally led to a complete power steering failure. Now trying to help others, I have been told that many of them are having knocking sounds and when taken to dealer, they have diagnosed it as rack...
  21. S

Ford Explorer smaller wheels any benefit?

most cars here come with 15-16" and Suv with 17-18". Honestly i dont have any problems riding with big wheels, recently i got to drive the new Ford Everest which is based on the old body on frame technology and had 17" wheels.. to be honest i always thought Unibody frames were known for...
  22. S

I think the previous owner of my car drove like a D*** because when I acquired it, all suspension parts were totally worn out, as well as all the tires .. however the alloys had no bent cracks or signs of being abused which makes me think these rims are not as fragile as we might think it is.
  23. S

Thanks guys for the reply, The thing is that I will need to add in cash to exchange my 20 to 18s and I just bought brand new tires for my 20s so it’s not really saving me any cash or whatsoever, but I am willing to do it if the results are dramatic which doesn’t look like everyone’s experience...
  24. S

hi, I have a 2012 Explorer limited with chrome 20” wheels as factory. Right now I have 265/50/20 and the ride seems to be a bit rough. I am not into off roading but the roads over here are very bad with lots of potholes and broken roads. I was thinking of replacing the factory 20” to 18” with...
Back